+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Car seat safety

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows, is it ok to have bub's car seat touching the seat in front? We have a small car and if I put the seat all the way forward my knees are jammed up against the dash we have figured out that we can move it back a coupe of clicks with makes a huge difference but it also ends up that the seat is in contact with the baby seat. It's not pushing on it or anything, but I'm wondering if there is some rule about it that we don't know about? Bub will be here any day now so I'd like to find out ASAP

Thanks
    Reviews
    It says in the car seat manuals that the front seat is not meant to touch the baby seat (I'm sure for safety reasons) but in my old car it just wasn't possible so my seat was touching bubs car seat the whole time it was rear facing. I personally wouldn't stress about it 😉

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tazzy For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The baby car seat isn't meant to touch the front seat at all. There should be a fingers gap at least. It does make it very difficult though. I suppose you need to decide what is more risky - having the front passengers knees up against the dash (which is also a no-no) or the front seat just touching the baby seat.

It's the reason we went for the SnS Compaq as it's not as long in the rear facing position.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I may have to accept the fact that I'll be sitting in the back for a while then :P It will be fine once its forward facing and upright, it's only in the rear position that we have a problem.