+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm only 6 - 7kg more than when I got pregnant with my ds over 7 years ago but my shape has changed SO much and I was overweight (but not obese) then. Now, I've just snuck into the obese category and I have a big flabby tummy. It sucks.

It's hard to get in shape. Having 2 kids who are always hungry does my head in when I'm trying to avoid snacking. It was a lot easier to lose weight when I was working full time and didn't have the time to have morning or afternoon tea ... too bad if I was hungry, I was busy at work. Now, I'm home 5 days a week and have ready access to food, it's a recipe for disaster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh ladies I share your pain. It's really not a stupid vent though, it's obviously affecting our self esteem and making us feel horrible. I've got 10kg to lose but it may as well be 100kg because I can't seem to say no to bad food. I need some form of motivation.

Last night I joined an online group for weight loss, some free mums thingo but tonight we had pizza for tea and cake for dessert! Can't even manage a day of healthy eating!

So what are we going to do about it?...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Count me in too.....I feel so gross but just crave sugar because I am exhausted. I have about 20kg to lose if I want to get back to pre-pregnancy weight - realistically I would probably be happy with 15kg - Funnels is right though, it might as well be 100kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    so has anyone got ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    so has anyone got ideas?
    Control undies! They don't 'fix' the issue, but help make you look better and therefore feel better

I'm actually 3-4kg lighter now than pre-pregnancy weight, which is awesome. But my shape has definitely changed and my belly is flabby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find that I feel better when the stuff I'm putting into my body is better. That probably sounds really lame

Sent from my Procrastination Device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    I find that I feel better when the stuff I'm putting into my body is better. That probably sounds really lame

Sent from my Procrastination Device.
    no its not lame, its true. i find when i have a super healthy meal i can still feel light but full and have more energy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 15kg heavier than when I started ttc - 4 rounds of ivf, pregnancy and a caesarian have certainly changed my shape! I'm trying to embrace the new me but it's a total bee-atch having a wardrobe of non fitting clothes! Also not having the means of replacing said wardrobe just yet....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    i feel the same as many of you, and like december ive never appreiciated my body(even at my thinnest) i also think my hips are alot wider now, im also feeling this pressure to look good as ive always been thin but its only me that is putting the pressure on myself, ive been alienating my self because i feel like every one can notice all the bits that werent there before, i keep telling myself its only been 6 weeks and i had 2 babies in 14 months but it doesnt help..but ive started buying the light n easy meals from the frozen section...fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm smaller now than I was pre baby, but my body has significantly changed. Stretch marks, scars and loose skin are all new additions that I'm not particularly find of.

Everyone changes though and even if you didn't have kids you would still have likely changed in appearance. Just how things go unfortunately. Be kind to yourself. I'm sure many here would think you look fabulous!