+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    None of what you've described is ok.

Not only is it unacceptable behavior for a school teacher, but what life lessons are they teaching the child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Screwing up the work and throwing it is out of line. As for the other things is it possible the kid has taken the teachers comments out of context?

For example:
    - a kid eats in class, the teacher catches them and says "it's ok just don't tell your parents"
    - a kid says they will not be in class Friday because they are going to he beach for a family function. And the teacher says "I don't think your parents can pull you out of class for that."

I think we really need more detail on the last two claims otherwise we could very well be making a mountain out of a molehill.
    The don't tell your mum thing was said to child because they think mum complains about every little thing. She does complain about things that I wouldn't but this I would have made a song and dance about too.

The mum can't take out of a class was said to both child and mum concerning because mum didn't want the child in that class until she had seen the principal.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That teacher should be reported, wth?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My grade 4 teacher used to throw out our work if it was unnamed. I remember going home crying and my mum (also a teacher) telling me to get over it I should have put my name on it. However it shouldn't be thrown at the child- in the bin yes

Thanks
    Reviews
    my dh is a highschool teacher and is mortifiedat this teachers behavior thats not on at all. It needs to be reported hun, that is no way to treat anyone, let alone a kid. You are allowed to report it, even if you arent the chils mother. Please do, this teacher needs to be reprimanded. That is just one childa nd one example of things he has said to that kid... what else is being said or done in that class??!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    dh just said that it goes against the 7 standards of teaching (australia wide curriculum (sp?) this teacher will get in serious trouble for his behaviour (just those 3 examples alone) and should.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd report it for sure some teachers are just bullies. (grr it won't let me press enter) I used to love school until one day in year 3 with this horrible teacher that was juts a big bully, and I can't remember exactly what I said but I was a challenging child and her threw a duster at my head. It wasn't the first time he'd thrown things I remember him upending a desk and dragging a child out of the classroom. I wish he'd gotten fired