+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They wouldn't be teaching my child (or ANY child for that matter) any longer if they did.

I'd be making complaints and making sure something was done.

Honestly, if they threw something at my child I'd be looking at speaking to the police about assault.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Geez no way! None of those things are ok! Has a complaint been made???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Geez no way! None of those things are ok! Has a complaint been made???
    Yes.
    Some IRL teachers thought it was a nothing thing to screw up the work and throw it.

I was just want to see if I was over reacting.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk EnJayDee View Post
    Wow... I would be putting in complaint after complaint until that teacher was severely repremanded.

** sent from outer space **
    Agreed

That's so inappropriate I would be so angry if that was my child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Screwing up the work and throwing it is out of line. As for the other things is it possible the kid has taken the teachers comments out of context?

For example:
    - a kid eats in class, the teacher catches them and says "it's ok just don't tell your parents"
    - a kid says they will not be in class Friday because they are going to he beach for a family function. And the teacher says "I don't think your parents can pull you out of class for that."

I think we really need more detail on the last two claims otherwise we could very well be making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Last edited by VicPark; 31-05-2013 at 22:17.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (01-06-2013),jellybub  (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think any of these things are ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Upon further thought, I actually would probably report it directly to the police. As I said, the "Don't tell your teacher what happens in the classroom" bit I think is the worst part of that behavior (not that the rest isn't horrendous). It really sounds predatory and I'd be fairly concerned, particularly if other teachers know and haven't put a stop to it/told them that kind of behavior is unacceptable, etc. And I'd be extra concerned if the teacher in question hasn't been at least suspended (or the teaching equivalent) to be thoroughly investigated for it. It sounds like the principal and rest of the teachers had failed in their duty of care and didn't report the behavior to the proper authorities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way! I had a very bad experience of a teacher in year 6 which I never forgot about. She was a big bully I wish she had been reported, so please report this teacher it is not right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

mummyrissa  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW none of these things are ok (i am a parent and a teacher)! So sad that children are being educated by people like this

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't think anything of the screwing up work but certainly not throwing it at them! I have screwed up work with no name before but only after asking who it belongs to and getting no response. The other things are not ok at all. The parent has every right to know what is going on in a classroom!
    Last edited by LaDiDah; 31-05-2013 at 22:35.