+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Would you be a SAHM if you could afford it?
    Nope. I started back full time 4 months ago (to the day! Wow.). I love my job, I love the adult interaction and the satisfaction I get from supporting myself as a single mum.

I love spending time with my kids but I found being a SAHM a bit mind numbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No. I would have to work or volunteer in some capacity. I don't dream of being a SAHM as much as I dream of being able to work a 5 day fortnight in a job that is fulfilling (i.e, I would quit my job in a heartbeat if I could). That would give me plenty of time with the (future) kiddies as well as my own independence and engagement outside of the home. P.S - I'm also an advocate for SAHD's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd LOVE to work a 5-day fortnight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure.

TBH until my husband left his job a couple of weeks ago we could have afforded me to be a SAHM, but if I had, we would have 0 income right now.

Currently I work Tuesday (school hours if DH is working) and both kids go to long daycare Thursday and I work a full day. I work casually and my boss is very flexible, so if kids are sick etc I just work less and get paid less. Now DH is off work, I will go in more. I am about to start some post grad study too. Because I can

Sometimes I hate that we can't do some things with the kids I want, I.e. local dance class and toy library are only on Thursdays. Then with dds gymnastics, my gym it leaves little social time as everyone else is busy weekends!

But really I could never be a SAHM as I hate cleaning and then I'd have no excuse as to why my house is a dump.

If we have #3 though I think I'd have to be a SAHM

I don't want to be a full time working mum as it makes me feel really sad to think of my kids in OSH care/daycare 50+ hours a week, DS is so tired as it is!

Sent from my HTC One XL using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, my ideal would be working 3 days a week.

I am a better Mum & wife if I am working, I love my job and if I wasn't earning income from it then it would be an area I would volunteer.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely. I was a SAHM for the first two years of DS1's life and while there were times where it was very isolating and boring I definitely enjoyed the things that I know I will miss out on when I go back to work in 2 months time.

SO much happens in the first 12 months of your children's lives that you miss out on when you're not there and DH isn't the type to run around with a video camera to catch things like first steps, first words etc.