+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes definitely and in fact I currently am
    I did find though that when I was back at work I was a little more patient with DD on the days I was with her... however my solution to that now I am a SAHM is to still have DD in daycare 1 day a week and to have an agreement with DH that if either of us has a 'bad day' the other one will step in and take over as many of the evening duties as possible so the other gets some 'me' time. So far it has worked great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been a stay at home mum for the past 3 1/2 nearly 4 years and for the past 6-9months have been really unhappy. I've described my self to people as "being a cranky b*tch all the time because I'm bored out of my brain and hate my life".

I started to look late last year, but my day care couldn't give me any extra days, so I held off.

I've just returned back the work this month, doing 2 or 3 days a week. I got excited putting on panty-hose I'm working in my profession at a level that is = to what my skills are, so I am really, really grateful that this opportunity came my way.

DH is struggling to adjust though. He had gotten quite used to not having to worry too much about doing housework and cooking dinner.....I don't even remember the last time he had to do a major grocery shop!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to admit, I couldn't be a full time SAHM, I'm not sure though if I would feel differently if I lived close to my parents and / or any family. At the moment I rely on my network of mummy friends for adult contact whilst I am on maternity leave and I am finding with a very active 3 year old and a 8 month, its just not enough.

There are times where I get to the end of the day and i think to myself, I really haven't been a good mummy today. Mainly because I am just not as patient as I know I should be with my 3 year old.

I love 'dressing up' for work, having some time out, adult stimulation, earning my own money and overseas travel.

I don't like the manic pace of life, rushing my kids to daycare, nor trying to find time to fit everything in - housework, groceries, family time etc....

This time round though im hiring a cleaner and trying a nanny, fingers crossed it works out!

I'm not sure what the perfect scenario is, I think about it a lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I would in a heartbeat. In fact I am considering it now. Went back to work when my son was 15 months. Now he is nearly 2 and a half years old and I've had some time off lately and it's been great spending time with him and getting extra hugs and kisses. I work 2 days a wk and thats my limit. But I am looking at returning to study which if it all works out would take me 4 years to complete all at a part that time pace. So managing work/study/family would be a struggle. If I didn't have some kind of study or activity I did I know I'd waste time at home. I fall behind with a few things those days I work. We do need the money from my income and I'll keep working till we can afford a better car which we desperately need. Will re-assess things in a few months time as I'm hoping to get into mid-year intake. My current job is just a job for me, not a career at all. I'm hoping that my return to study will give me that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to be a SAHM for the first 12-18 months but I also love my work- but I would love to be there 2-3 days a week instead of full time. And I'd love to know I don't "have" to work that I'm choosing to work so if my boss continues to **** me I can walk out

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have loved to have stayed home with my son for longer (I took 12 months off) before going back to work. I did go back to full time (financially better off).

I think once he was 2yo though, I would have liked to have been back working part time in preference to not at all. I have a hobby that can take up plenty of time also providing me with non-kid time. Ideally it would be nice if both I and hubby could be financially well enough off to have the option to both work part time. I think that would be the best balance for the pair of us until children are school age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't need to work, I choose too. I love my job and that balance. I would go mental being a sahm on a permanent basis. I need my work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wouldn't. I love having the first year at home and watching them learn so many new things but I don't only want to be a Mum, I want a life outside of the home doing something for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely would! My kids are at school, but if I didn't have to work and money was not object I could have a big vegie garden and sew clothes and costumes and home furnishings; I could plan out and execute superior menus for the family; I could go to the gym more and be really fit; I could keep the house more organised; I could do more fun things with the kids on the weekend, because we wouldn't be doing laundry and housework the whole time....Oh! I could volunteer at the school...I would love to do that....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ofcourse I would!!