+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd like to try. Its all getting a bit stressful lately.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For a little while, yes. Not forever though, I'd have to make some contribution even if it was volunteer work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I like the balance of working part-time and being a mum. However if the choice was between working full-time and being a SAHM I'd have to have a long hard think about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can afford to, but choose to work. I had 1yr off with both kids but I have no desire to do anything 'full time', I like the variety and balance that my current set up allows.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No. I love my job. And like a PP said, I feel good knowing I could stand on my own two feet easily if I ever had to. Plus I feel it's important that my kids see that I'm not 'just mum', that I have a life and importance outside of the home. I always feel I have to reiterate on that one that they are *my* values for *my* family- I know not everyone agrees with that.

DP and I were discussing what we would do if we won lottery. We would both still work 4 days a week, and take extended leave without pay every 2-3 years to go traveling for 3-6 months at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    Right now... In a heartbeat. I'm over the stress of juggling work and everything else.
    This!! I'm sick of always being behind in my housework.

If I could I certainly wouldn't work full time like I am now!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I Think I'd still work part time, even just as a check out chick.

It's important to me that I contribute to our familys finances, and also that I can buy something for myself without feeling guilty.

But that is also partially a reflection of the man I'm married to - I love him but I know he's capable of telling me in 20 yrs time that he's paid for my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No, and I get tired of some saying that working parents are jealous of SAHMs. I work 9-3 so technically I do nothing different to what I would as a sahm as my child is school-aged but I get to work during the day. I feel I have the best of both worlds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Up until two years ago I would have said no way. I loved my industry and i loved not being cooped up at home or doing kiddie stuff day in day out.

I had a change of heart though and I love it now. I was ready though. If I hadn't been ready it would have been my idea of hell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    No. I love my job. And like a PP said, I feel good knowing I could stand on my own two feet easily if I ever had to. Plus I feel it's important that my kids see that I'm not 'just mum', that I have a life and importance outside of the home. I always feel I have to reiterate on that one that they are *my* values for *my* family- I know not everyone agrees with that.
    Agree with you on this, this is important to me also.