+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't used them but my best friend and her fiancé did and they hated them. MyBudget were constantly forgetting to pay bills and loans. Often their allowance wouldn't be paid and they would be without money all weekend. Plus the fees they paid were ridiculous, especially considering how many times they were stuffed around.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have heard terrible things about them too. honestly, after having and paying off a 43k credit card debt you have to separate need and wants and stick to them. open an account that you can't access with a keycard for ''easy'' spending and you can build up money in there. have you considered trying to get a loan thru a broker? sometimes it's easier that way than going thru the bank directly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go and see a free financial counsellor.

Companies like the one you mentioned are not going to help you learn how to budget.

Anything they can do you can do yourself in respect to setting payment plans with banks etc

please save yourself the fees and go and see a financial counsellor through you local community legal centre, community organisation or council.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't used them and I also have trouble with budgeting.

What has worked for us is to work out how much each we can afford as "spending money", withdraw that amount & grocery money from our account only. You will be surprised at how much you save when you can't swipe a card.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used them a few years ago - I'm pretty sure they charged me about $40-$50 a week and tbh they really didn't help much. I left after 12ish months with the same amount of debt :-/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (12-06-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Before you sign up with someone like MB, please make an appointment with a financial counsellor - they are free, and aren'tt making money off your difficult situation - https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/managi...al-counselling .

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry to be blunt but if your partners business is not suceeding perhaps he should look else where for employment? sounds like you are taking all the responsibility!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your replies

Dh does have an interview for a part time job next week - there's been a few of these but so far none have panned out. We had a talk about our financial situation again tonight and dh is keen on us approaching the bank again to try to consolidate our debts. Will let you know how that goes - going to get there next Tuesday all going well. I hope they help and don't just try to sell us insurance

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app