+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Tell me about your fridge

I am going to be upgraging my fridge in the next couple of weeks.
    Tell me about your fridge - what you like and dont like about it?
    I hate the one we have now as it is one unit fridge & freezer side by side so each unit doesnt have much space. More interested in the fridge part then freezer (but it would be handy) as we have a deep freezer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The fridge I have now is the first one to have a freezer on the bottom. Highly recommend it, as you spend much more time in the fridge, so it's better not bending down all the time IYKWIM.

I find the freezer is also better at the bottom so you can easily access the draws & organise your items efficiently.

My sister has one with an ice maker on the front, which is pretty cool. Not essential, but handy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

bpac  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I have a bottom mount fridge/freezer too. Heaps prefer having the freezer on the bottom as it's used far less than than the fridge.
    My is stainless steel which probably wasn't a great idea in hindsight as it scratches very easily.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

bpac  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Upside down are the way to go, the one we have has 3 freezer drawers at the bottom plus a smaller drawer next to the ice tray (which has a ice drop bucket below). It is so great having the fruit/veggie crisper at waist height.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

bpac  (31-05-2013)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The one I have has a freezer on top it's pretty crap bending down all the time for the fridge, my old one was an upside down one heaps better

If I owned and wasn't renting I would have a side by side one with ice machine

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

bpac  (31-05-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a side by side. DP wanted it. It's a big 600L and I'm very happy with the fridge and freezer size. It even has a clock in it lol.

But honestly I would of preferred a fridge on top and freezer below. But freezer size was our biggest factor and why DP chose that fridge.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

bpac  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Thanks I think I am leaning towards the upside down style. I have side by side at the moment and its annoying because it is so narrow. You have to cut up things like celery to fit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a huge side by side and love it. DP hated the freezers at the bottom as he hates to bend. Me being a shorty had no issues with that.

Also I found with the freezers at the bottom is that you tend to miss stuff at the bottom as you keep putting stuff on top IYKWIM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

bpac  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish I had got upside down

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ohh Id love to tell you about my fridge. I LOVE my fridge.

I have an 801L Samsung 4door fridge. Its so awesome!

It has LOADS of room. I can just about fit all my shopping in the door compartments alone. It never looks full, even after $400 worth of shopping. Which is great because things dont go rotten in the back because you cant see everything (Speaking of which, the light is so bright, its really well lit).

I love that a few of the shelves more around to create different spaces. One fold up for tall wine bottles ect and another slides back into itself for more tall bottles (where we put our milk). Or you can fold it down/pull it out and have three very wide shelves.

I love the fridge drawer. Its where i put kids snacks and drinks so they can get themselves a drink without having them looking in the fridge forever (the door has an alarm so it wouldnt be for long ). The fridge drawer is separate from the actual fridge so can be kept at a different temp (for defrosting meat ect). And the whole drawer insert comes out for easy cleaning. The drawer also closes itself once you let go, so if the kids do go in there and walk away it will close itself and wont accidentally stay open. Its flat, but deep enough to put large items in. At the moment ours has a container with tiramisu, another with choc cake and another with cheescake in there. And the drawer has a divider, so there is also party foods in there (cheeze, a jar of cocktail onions and kabana), and they are not just floating around.

The freezer has a drawer within it so you can put small items, or items you use a lot (frozen vegies ect) close to the top and you dont have to dig for them.

You can control the temps of the fridge and the freezer with the digital panel. You can also check the temp to make sure its cold enough. It also has a "Power freeze" and "Power cool" option for after you go shopping and have the doors open stacking the fridge, the power options cool it down to temp faster than normal.

It has an ice and water tap on it as well. Which doesnt take up a ton of room within the fridge. It was really easy to plumb in, and also has its own internal filter for nice fresh water. You can change the ice to crushed or cubed at the push of a button. You can also turn the ice maker off, or childlock it so the kids cant play with it.

There are a few things i have noticed that i dont like about the fridge.
    1. The freezer door doesnt stay open by itself so i have to put my foot under the door if i need two hands to look for something. (This could be the angle its on though)

2. If the ice maker gets too full you will get a bit of crushed ice with your cubed as the arms will squash the excess at the top. I just turn the ice off when its full.
    3. Its expensive.

Other than that i LOVE my fridge. Even with those things i dont like, id still go back in time and buy it. Best purchase ever.