+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading through the thread I would say we are slow living. We don't really have planned activities or structured weeks. I'm a stay at home mum and I always just refer to us as 'just plodding along'. I do the housework, grocery shopping, cooking and take care of the kids. Some days we visit nanny or have a visit from friends. We might go to the park sometimes or for a walk. Most weekends we do whatever comes up it might be just going shopping or visiting friends.

I always feel so guilty when former colleagues or other mums ask me 'what are your weeks are like?' because I find myself searching my brain for an answer like oh we do playgroups, mothers group, swimming, library etc but its just not us. Other mums I know seem to have so many planned activities for their kids it makes me feel bad that I don't. At least now I can just answer 'we're a slow living household!' Lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Whoknows For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in the middle. I think the only things that make me busy are things I have to do. I crave the slow life and ache for the days I can sit and read outside on lazy days, maybe in 10 years!

I was off work from about 26 weeks pregnant with DS (medical but embraced) and absolutely loved it, if I have another I will do the same. DS is 18 months and we are about to ramp it up a lot with both working full time and traveling a fair distance to work too. We are looking at it as a spurt of knuckling down. I think we run up and down with being busy, DH is super busy with work at the moment, leaving at 5am and yesterday he wasn't home until after 7pm - makes a very long day for everyone.

I love nothing more with nothing happening on the weekends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm busy. I just don't no how to say NO. I join groups and before you know it I'm the treasurer, the president etc. Have a full on job (with a fair bit of travel) and do lots of sporty things.

Due to some major complications I have been in and out of hospital and had a lot of enforced bed rest through this pregnancy. It is driving me absolutely insane. I have never spent so much time in my house or on my couch. The best day was when I was allowed back to work for a half day.

I'm looking forward to bub arriving so I can get out and about again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to be slow paced, but due to a history of depression, if I have too many lazy days at home my DH and family start to worry about me. I'm now 28weeks pregnant and all I want to do is sit at home, bake, play with my 4yr old before life gets extra busy with a baby and she goes off to school full time next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fast.

I get bored easily, and feel sludgy if I don't do stuff.

I own a business with DH, and spend a lot of time with DD too. She has activities on most days (gymnastics, swimming, ballet, playgroup, etc.) and play dates a few times a week.

I also try to fit in my own hobbies (although, being 36 weeks pregnant I'm not doing any sport right now), including netball, PT, reading, language lessons, etc.

Sometimes it all works perfectly, and I feel busy and motivated. Other times it can get on top of me and I feel overwhelmed. But usually it's good, and I couldn't (personally) think of anything worse than spending too much time at home as I start climbing the walls... I'm having to slow down a lot lately as I need to rest more, and it's driving me crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a happy medium. Some days I'm flat out busy and other days I just couldn't be bothered. I confuse ppl with how I am lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I am very busy. No, I don't really enjoy it but there's certain things I don't want to give up and others that I can't give up.

I'm a single parent who works full time. I study part time. I play representative soccer (training 2 nights, 2 games on Sundays) and DS does 3 lots of dancing. (45min each-all on one night. And he wants to do more!!!) He also gets a stack of homework- I mean, like 5-7 pages. We are always running to something. If I could though- I would give up the work, the study and the school/homework. Such is life hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Slow. ... boringly slow.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, fast during the day but slow in the evenings and on weekends. I work during the week and would much rather be busy at work than be faffing around looking for things to do. But once I'm home and DD is in bed, it's couch + tv = bliss.

On the weekends DD is with her Dad I rarely even leave the house - this weekend I have a function to go to on Saturday night and I'm not particularly excited, even though it's the first time I've been out in months lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit of both.

I dont find it necessary to have an active social life but I also don't like staying home.

I like window shopping, going places, and I put my kids in activities like swimming and other sports for fun.

I also hate having a messy home, but I'm not obsessive over it.