+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How did you choose your child's name?

How did you choose your child's name? I am so torn between Willow Eve and Saige Sophia or Saige Adison (as I'm sure you all know.)
    How did you decide on a name? People tell me to wait until I see my baby but what if I'm even more confused when the time comes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I agree with wait until you meet her. You might surprise yourself and come up with a completely different name!
    You have time after she is born.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (31-05-2013),SugarSkull  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of your names are beautiful! I can see why you can't decide 😄
    We decided on our girls name well before we even knew the sex, we both just loved the name. People have asked us how we can be so certain without seeing her but we have made up our minds. Good luck deciding!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had one name in mind but then when we saw our baby it took us half an hour to decide if it really suited him as we then went back to our maybe list! Looking at him now the name we chose he couldn't of been anything else - you will know as it just happens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mumsrulz For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-05-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lists... Long lists, short lists, back and forth lists. And writing out the names every which way, many many times.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (31-05-2013),SugarSkull  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like Sofia as it's my nieces name it's so hard to decide I've got three I really like and cant come to a decision either

11. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ds1 was a variation of a common name dp liked. It's a made up name. His middle name is my dads middle name.

Ds2 was going to be Neo. Then he was born with bright red hair and the name didn't suit. So we used another name we had been tossing around. His middle name is dps middle name which is a family middle name.

If this baby is a girl she is to be named a variation of my best friends name. She passed away almost 4yrs ago. Baby's middle name will be either my nannas middle name or my middle name.

If this baby I'd a boy. He has no name at the moment. Dp and I don't agree on boys names easily.

Wet went with names that we agreed on. But they also had to suit bub.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a few "Signs", my sister had a dream years before DS was born that I had a little blonde haired boy and called him Elijah, when I found out I was pregnant I thought DH would hate the name - he loved it , when we were cleaning out the spare room for the nursery DH was moving all my
    Books, some in boxes I'd never put away , he tripped and a few books fell out of the box , one was the book of Elijah, a kids bible book my grandmother had given me when I was younger that I totally forgot about and just random things like the car salesman that sold us the Murano before DS was born was named Elijah , Elliot was the only other name I liked and when I looked at the name meaning in the baby book - it is another form of the name Elijah

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my heart set on Jude. DH and I are big Beatles fan but someone I met who was rather loud and imposing had a son by that name and every time she said his name it made me cringe. We both liked Irish/Scottish/Welsh Gaelic names so sat down with a list going yes no maybe the night before my induction

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a short list then agreed on two. We then said the name out loud, yelled it in the house, thought of any nicknames or variations that could turn it into a name that she would be picked on.
    To me, I didn't need to see my babies first, I just liked a name and the baby became that name.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-05-2013)