+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    He's fine putting the brush in himself which is great not sure how good a job he's doing though.
    My DS went through this stage too so I bought a spiderman electric toothbrush from Woolies. I figured if its in there and he's not moving it much, at least the bristles are and its doing more than he is! LOL

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

babyla  (30-05-2013),LoCo  (02-06-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If DS resists (he doesn't terribly often) I brush his teeth forcibly. It's the one thing I won't ever let slide. But I let him brush first and then it's my turn, and we make a game of it. I get him to sing like an opera singer 'aaaah!' and growl like a pirate 'grrrr' so we can get to them all.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

babyla  (30-05-2013),Rarity  (30-05-2013),RobinSparkles  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they kicked up a fuss, I'd persist through the crying and fighting etc, because I'd rather that than them having to deal with cavities, fillings, sore teeth etc etc. Gotta be cruel to be kind and all that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:

babyla  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am also one that holds DD down to brush. Yes she cries and its not fun but it takes about 2 minutes and I'm sure she will thank me for it 1 day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

babyla  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We've also been brushing since he had teeth but we would say let's brush our teeth together then we swap - he brushed my teeth and I brushed his - he thought it was fun brushing my teeth , now at 2.5 he brushes then I just say its mummy's turn and I just give them a good brush he case he missed some and because he is used to me brushing them it doesn't bother him at all

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

babyla  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD (almost 22mo) is a nightmare when it comes to brushing her teeth. She loves watching me do it and will run to the bathroom when I say it's time to brush her teeth, but fights like crazy when I try to brush them. I always offer her the brush first and sometimes she'll put it in her mouth and kind of chew on it/suck off the toothpaste but thats it. I always end up pinning her down and brushing them - she won't let me even touch the toothbrush let alone brush her teeth standing in front of the mirror.

I hate it but bad teeth would be worse so I persist. DH is a lot more lax and my mum tells me I'm cruel but I think looking after their teeth is important.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

babyla  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Babyla I'm having this same issue with DS1 at the moment. I swear the neighbours must think I'm strangling him some nights.

What I've found to help at least a little is a nice flavoured toothpaste. I brought a berry one from my local health shop that has no nasties either, added bonus.

There are still some nights where they don't get done properly by me. I need to start becoming more forceful too.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (30-05-2013),LoCo  (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When its time to brush DS1(2 and a half) teeth we put on Channel V and dances while brushing his teeth lol.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to starla For This Useful Post:

babyla  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    My DS went through this stage too so I bought a spiderman electric toothbrush from Woolies. I figured if its in there and he's not moving it much, at least the bristles are and its doing more than he is! LOL
    Awesome - I'll try that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Righto forceful it is then! I agree I can't deal with the thought of him having teeth dramas down the track. I think I'll grab a nice tasting toothpaste too, thanks Pesca and we've tried growling but I think I need to persist a bit more. My first real time I'm going to be putting me foot down with him - good for both of us