+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenOo View Post
    Thanks Both for the reply and thanks FL for the suggestions!

I'm slowly gaining, despite exercise which... is annoying.
    When I increase my exercise, so does my appetite.
    In the last month i've managed to put 3 Kilos on and i'm not really doig anything extremely different so, I figured I need to change my habits.

Usually, my day consists of:

6am: Porridge or Muslie (with nuts and fruit) and skim milk with a tea. Tea has 1 level tsp of raw sugar.

9-10am: 1 tub of Okie Low fat, high protein yoghurt or a piece of raison toast if it's friday.
    --Skim coffee (no sugar) after yoghurt is completed

11am-12pm: An apple or a piece of fruit

1pm-2pm: Sandwich or a roll. Typically consisting of tuna and salad on a grain roll or rye bread.

2:30-3:30pm: Another piece of fruit/biccies (if the fruit isn't around)

8pm: Dinner. I'm usually starving at this point and end up eating too much of whatever I make. Tonight i'm making steak and salad but, it can be anything.. always home cooked; I don't Do take out.
    I also can't do it any earlier because I finish at 6, get into my car anytime between 6:30-7, get home around 7:30pm...

After dinner i'm usually hungry again... it never gives up.
    Oh and i have already drunk about 1.5 litres of hot water.
    I also have a glass of wine (or two) while making dinner to calm the ***** down.
    Hi Jen, I havnt read the whole thread so sorry if this has been said. 2 things I want to point out is water & sugar.

Firstly make sure you are drinking 250-500ml after every meal/snack. It will help your body digest & absorb the food you've eatten plus water is better absorbed if consumed with food.

Try upping your water intake, hunger & thirst are easily mistaken.

Secondly this diet example is high in sugar. Sugar will cause your insulin levels to spike & drop & this in turn will reek havoc on your hunger levels /cravings.

Try raw oats with almonds & berries for breakfast. Check the sugar content on your skim milk too and cut the sugar out of your tea.

Check the sugar in your yogurt and raisin toast too.

Swop your mid morning fruit snack for a veggie snack. Think carrot & celery sticks.

Cut the tomato out of your salad sandwich (if you usually have it)

Swop your afternoon snack as well.

My rule of thumb when dieting is max 1.5 pieces of fruit a day. You should be aiming for no more the 6 tsp of sugar a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi and thanks for your info.
    I get what you mean re: sugar and I totally agree with the spikes throughout the day but, I don't I'll be cutting sugar completely like you're suggesting.
    For me, this isn't a diet but, a change in lifestyle. I'll be eating better from this point forward and not doing it short-term.
    My main issue is that I'm an ex athlete and I go hard or go home. This is how I fail with food. I think I must be realistic. I won't cut sugar out of my tea (I have with coffee but find tea tastes **** without it). Yep, the raisin toast can go, probably no good. And definately the biccies.
    I drink a lot of water already though. I don't touch soft drinks, it's just water all day long to keep me full which, never works .
    Stretched, I only have 1 coffee and two teas a day. 1.5 ltrs was were I was at around 12pm. So I'd probably be drinking closer to 2 litres in the office alone.

Appreciate the suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by jenjenOo; 31-05-2013 at 05:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I swapped honey/raw sugar on porridge today for a small scattering on sultanas and dried apple. Actually not too badxat all!
    I swapped sugar in my tea for 1 sweetner. So far, so good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd suggest trying half an avocado with bacon as a breakfast alternative. Omelette a with a bit of cheese is good too.
    Use stevia sweetener instead of raw sugar in your coffee
    Try non sweetened almond milk instead of skim milk
    Have chobani brand Greek yoghurt with veggie sticks instead of sweet yoghurt as a snack
    Have strawberries or some nuts if u want a quick snack.
    Cut out the bread with lunch and have a chicken Caesar salad, Sliced roast beef, eggs or some cold roast chicken from the night before... Anything that will keep u full for the afternoon.

Basically you need more fat (it will keep you full) and protein in your day and less carbohydrates.

I've lost 11kg since Feb following a low carbohydrate high protein and fat eating plan. I'd tried eating the sort of things you do in the past and I was always hungry and my weight never went down. Very frustrating.
    Last edited by 3cats1pug; 31-05-2013 at 08:54.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3cats1pug For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (31-05-2013),Mummy Potato  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you tried Burgen's fruit bread? It's low GI and high fibre.

I'm one of those people who cannot function without a decent amount of carbohydrates throughout my day, without it I'm besides myself hungry, dizzy, cranky etc and can't stick to the change for more than a week. I'm also one of those people who can lose weight while still including a decent amount of carb. It will probably be a matter of working out if low-carb works for you or not.

It certainly is a challenge adjusting your eating when your lifestyle has changed so much - I'm sure your body is also used to eating an athletes diet as well and might take a while for your tummy to realise it can be happy without the big meals it used to need to keep you going.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    I'd suggest trying half an avocado with bacon as a breakfast alternative. Omelette a with a bit of cheese is good too.
    Use stevia sweetener instead of raw sugar in your coffee
    Try non sweetened almond milk instead of skim milk
    Have chobani brand Greek yoghurt with veggie sticks instead of sweet yoghurt as a snack
    Have strawberries or some nuts if u want a quick snack.
    Cut out the bread with lunch and have a chicken Caesar salad, Sliced roast beef, eggs or some cold roast chicken from the night before... Anything that will keep u full for the afternoon.

Basically you need more fat (it will keep you full) and protein in your day and less carbohydrates.

I've lost 11kg since Feb following a low carbohydrate high protein and fat eating plan. I'd tried eating the sort of things you do in the past and I was always hungry and my weight never went down. Very frustrating.
    My best mate did this but from a vegetarian perspective. The weight dropped her very quickly.
    She did have to stop thought, I don't think she did too well with it longterm?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feedback... just had a palm full of mixed nuts and seeds. I'm full.
    Seriously NOT hungry. This is good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (31-05-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I find 50g of trail mix really fills me up and keeps me full. It doesn't look like much but it's soo good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post

I'm one of those people who cannot function without a decent amount of carbohydrates throughout my day, without it I'm besides myself hungry, dizzy, cranky etc and can't stick to the change for more than a week.
    This.
    I'm also the same regarding losing weight with carbs. I don't have to cut them out to see results just, adjust portion sizes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Would it hurt them to put the Bergen bread on sale once in a while!?
    Weight has been slowly coming off - waiting for the plateau Hate the plateau! Another 2kg and I can start to fit back into some of my regular gym gear...unless I fall pregnant - lol!

Have you tried Lipton's chai tea jen? - it's probably the nicer of the chais - it's something different to regular tea and there's no sugar. I just add a little almond milk. The sugar free hot choc is okay, but only has 13 serves. I'm wondering how cocoa with the sugar substitute would go. It's nice to have an after-dinner nice hot drink to have, particularly in winter. It's not fantastic, but it does the job.
    Cranberries as fruit in museli are good too - great for trying to ward off UTIs.
    Berries are also good in your cereal/porridge- low gi and can usually get on sale in boxes for good price - and are a big antioxidant.

I agree - I think the biggest challenge is getting enough ideas to make it easily long term that our families and other halves don't mind eating. In my house - at the time when I put on the 10kg over 6 weeks - my husband lost 5kg and now he needs to put more notches in his belt.