+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    7 years between my last visits (had wisdom teeth out at 23 then went again at 30 to get them cleaned before wedding). Only went for mouth guards in the interim.
    Even after 7 years I still didnt need any work done

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just went last week because the partial veneer on one of my front teeth fell off! Freaked me out as my actual tooth underneath was quite thin and fragile. It was actually very quick and easy to fix though... phew!

Before that I hadn't been for 6 years. Eeek. I expected I would get told off and told I would need a heap of fillings etc... but nope, all good. She actually said my teeth looked great - I was relieved. I always put off going to the dentist/GP for ages but whenever I go I walk out thinking 'That really wasn't so bad at all!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have been twice in the last 30 years. I have a severe fear of the dentist and for me to go to those 2 visit I hadn't been able to eat for a few weeks.

When I was little I had a horror visit that I stop breathing when I was getting a cast made. I have the worse teeth ever.

My dd2 has a really bad over bite that she will have to have surgery in a few years. She has had double plates for 2 years now that haven't worked. I even struggle taking her to her bimonthly appointment

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go each year now. I'm not a huge fan of needless either but I was lucky to have relatively positive experiences of the school dentist when I was a kid.

The bill worries me more than anything these days.

Anewme, your poor Dd2...sounds expensive and potentially traumatic.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post

Anewme, your poor Dd2...sounds expensive and potentially traumatic.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It won't cost me thank God as it done through public system as it is needed for her to eat properly.

It will be very traumatic it will change her whole look. The need to add atleast 1 cm to each side of her jaw. We see the surgeon in a few weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I go when I need to... And I've never really needed to! So last time I went was to have my braces removed. That was about 15 years ago. I don't have any fillings or anything, never had a toothache. So no need.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Me too! Which was 6ish years ago when my parents still paid for those sorts of things haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Every year - 18m

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been told be a few dentists that i have "decay prone teeth" so i always need a few fillings every time i go (last time cost me about $800!). We got PHI for the sole reason that it will make dental work cheaper, yet in the 2 years we've had it, I went to the dentist once and hubby hasn't been at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last time was 2009 for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every 6 months here too as phi covers it. Don't have fillings or anything I'm just slightly obsessed with clean teeth haha.

DH & SD also go every 6 months. DD is 14 months and went along when SD had her check up and they let DD sit in the chair, put some water in her mouth, brushed her teeth and then gave her free toothbrushes to last until she's 5 haha. She has 5 teeth and brushes them at least twice a day so she enjoyed it.