+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 243
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    Taking the wonderful advice.

    Just one more thing....Take your pick at which war. No civilian wants to be caught up in a war no matter the size or location of it. People will do whatever they can to get their families to saftey and unfortunately these people are preyed on by opportunists who take them for everything they have. They feed them incorrect information and promise them the world and in return we lock them up like criminals....

    Now, my cake is ready and I have to get it out of the oven.
    You say that the increase is due to war, but then will not name one.
    Go get your cake out of the oven. I will assume if you don't return that you have realised the error of your assumption.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Ohhhh, look out everyone! Father's pulling out the graphs! Awesome
    I just love the sarcasm and rudeness that majority viewholders come out with in controversial posts such as this. In true Bub bub fashion next the personal insults will start.

    This is not directed at anyone in particular: Debate the views not the person. Personal insults are just a sign that someone has NO idea how to question, understand, explain yourself, negotiate... basically how to have a mature debate.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    you know when father brings out the graphs its time to just walk away and be done with a thread

    Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Is anyone actually able to explain the massive increase in fathers graph? That would be awesome if someone could do that.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    you know when father brings out the graphs its time to just walk away and be done with a thread
    Is that because I bring facts that do not suit your preconceived idea of what is happening in the world? If you have different facts, I would be happy to see them.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    People who come over on a plane sometimes get rid of their ID too. So what is your point Father?

    Also, how do you know it costs $10,000 for a ticket on one of those boats? Did you try and book a ticket?

    And how do you know they are not genuine refugees? Or is this a case of you thinking you know more about refugees than the immigration department?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    Kirst33  (30-05-2013)

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Numbers have changed a great deal since 2009. Any updated info?

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for posting. A bit confusing through the figure don't match with the previous silhouette post. I don't know how much weight to put on the figures in the first bit as it sounds like they include refugees in initial temporary camps and of course Pakistan etc are going to have higher figures.

    Thanks though for posting.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Shock horror - war torn countries, what are the odds that they would be found t be genuinue refugees.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    I see a few war torn countries there.

    3.9 How many refugees come to Australia and where do they come from?

    In 2010–11, 13 799 visas were granted under Australia’s Humanitarian Program.This includes 8971 visas granted to people under the offshore resettlement program and 4828 visas granted to people who were found to be refugees after they arrived in Australia (onshore protection).[232]

    The top ten countries of nationality for people granted offshore visas in 2010–11 were: Iraq, Burma, Afghanistan, Bhutan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Iran, Sudan and Somalia.[233]

    http://www.humanrights.gov.au/public...-3#Heading1301

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    townsville
    Posts
    2,816
    Thanks
    1,570
    Thanked
    1,277
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Is that because I bring facts that do not suit your preconceived idea of what is happening in the world? If you have different facts, I would be happy to see them.
    no of course I don't because as you would know what you say goes, what you say is right is right and no one else is ever right

    It wouldn't matter what graph or info anyone else provided you would still argue black and blue that YOU are right and everyone else is wrong

    Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (30-05-2013),HollyGolightly81  (30-05-2013),MrJones&Me  (01-06-2013),orlyon  (02-06-2013)

  12. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Unfortunately Vic, people don't like to interact with Father due to his horribly arrogant behaviour in pretty much every thread he is in.

    Personally, I have done a lot of study on this topic but wouldn't touch his question or graphs with a ten foot pole.
    I'm not saying I agree with father (not on everything) but Ihaven't seen him be arrogant in this thread. I have seen others be arrogant, rude, ganging up etc...

    A separate question and not meaning to be rude: father are you a bloke/dad or just a chick who for some reason has father as a username?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    Staceyj13  (30-05-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Seeking others in the same boat!
    By luckybuba in forum Non-IVF fertility assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-07-2012, 23:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Hills Swimming Kenthurst
Located in the beautiful suburb of Kenthurst and boasts a heated 25m pool. We conduct world-leading Baby and Parent Classes, Preschool Classes, School Age and Squad Training. Our classes are small, our service personal and our quality of the highest.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!