+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Spotting?? Period?? Help!!

I am new to this so please bear with me as I don't know all the abbreviations yet!

I came off the pill 7 months ago (after taking it for about 15 years) and since then by period has been a bit over the place. The last few months it seemed to settle a bit and I have consistently had a cycle of 34 days for the last 2 months. My period is due on Saturday (1 June) but it came on Sunday 26 May, just a few days to a week after I was ovulating (or at least I thought I was, when I was working to a 34 day cycle). I was disappointed obviously, but that its becoming a bit more of a common feeling these days (for the first couple of months I was nervous and excited that it might happen and now I am unsure it ever will). Anyway, as I say, since coming off the pill, my cycle has been all over the place so I figured that I have just got it wrong again and my cycle has changed.

But, my period was different this time - it was very brown/pinkish and kind of a thicker mucus for a few hours, then the next morning it was heavy like proper period for a few hours, and then it completely stopped. I know that spotting and implantation bleeding are a thing but I don't know if I am being hopeful and silly looking for signs that aren't there where i have just had a shorter period than usual. I have felt a bit out of sorts, have no appetite and am very tired but I guess all of those to be attributed to something else and I am not sure if I am just wanting it so badly, its the only conclusion that I can come to!

I was wondering if anyone can tell me their experience, specially on how long it took their body and cycle to return to normal after coming off the pill.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi bethg

I was really lucky in that my cycles became fairly regular after coming off the pill after about 16yrs.
    But regular for me varied anywhere from 28 to 34 days.
    When I starting charting and knowing when O was then I knew when to expect Af so it's never bothered me how long or short cycle was.

In your case you either had a shorter cycle by 5 days which is not unheard of.
    OR, if you have a typical LP of 14 days then it could possibly have been IB as the 26th could have made you 10dpo which can be a good time for implantation.

But it's hard to say which if the above if you're not sure when O was.

And if it was IB and you want to test you may not get a reliable result for a few days until hcg levels have risen.

Good luck either way

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Or you could have a short LP and maybe you did O when you thought.

Keeping an eye on all your body signs is the best indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app