+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Disrespectful little so n so on the train

I took my ds on the train today and once again i have been left wondering what the future of this country will hold.
    I got on the train to a young man (i later heard he was 16 yo) playing quite loud music on his phone. I waited a bit (cause i thought he would stop once other passengers got on). Nope. He continued to play his loud music. I thought "No way, this is not ok" and said 'if you wanted to play loud music your meant to have headphones'. To which he replied 'maybe you should go find somewhere else to sit' . I said 'how about you having some respect for the other passengers' and he said 'If you have had the kind of day ive had maybe you would shut up. i dont wana talk to you so shoosh'

I cant believe he spoke to me that way!!!

Then, the train guard got on and asked to see his ticket. He didnt have one (no big suprise there). The train guard wrote him a ticket and handed it to the kid and he said 'nah, get away i dont want it'. The train guard said 'take it'. The kid took it and ripped it up in front of everyone (including the guard) and threw it on the floor of the train.

I am left wondering why. This young adult clearly has zero respect for anyone and i really do worry about the future of this country.

Please please please teach your children COMMON COURTESY AND RESPECT!!!

OK, vent over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Wow that is rude. Fair Vent. Just reading your post made me feel frustrated and angry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Urgh! I can't stand people with no respect for others and no manners.

In this case what authority does the guard have? Can he kick the so and so off the train or anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh! The frustrating thing is that during the day the train guards aren't officers so have no powers apart from infringing people with no tickets. If that happened after 3pm he would have been taken off the train and issued a few more infringements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    In this case what authority does the guard have? Can he kick the so and so off the train or anything?
    The guards during the day are only security officers who can only infringe people with no ticket. In the evening they have actual public officers who have a whole load more powers and can even arrest people if the situation requires that sort of power, and give more infringements and move on notices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously? And this question is not aimed at you, OP, but what do you expect?
    Everywhere you turn, parents are prevented from disciplining their kids, schools advise them of their rights but kinda forget the obligation bit, the law acquiesces to their every whim and, in turn, they can pretty much do what they want.

So if this guy wants to listen to his music, he will.
    Issue him a ticket. He won't pay it. And he won't be made to pay it either.
    It'll end up in SPER with the rest of the backlog. Suspend his licence? Big deal, he'll drive anyway once he gets access to a vehicle.
    And who's going to stop him?

No one. And you saw evidence of that on the train. Did the guard remove him? No. Did he admonish him? No.

So again, what do you expect? You're lucky he didn't throw anything at you.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (29-05-2013),TimeForWine  (30-05-2013),upforroundtwo  (29-05-2013),Whoknows  (29-05-2013),wilding  (29-05-2013),~BEXTER~  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day guards need more power!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So do they ask for ID to give the ticket? Can a security officer enforce you to show them your ID?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    is exactly why I stopped using trains in brisbane prior to having my license because quite frankly it was never ever a pleasant experience, I've had this plus being sworn at, spit at, and had someone try to smack ds when he was an itty bitty 3 month old because he was crying....... all by 15/16/17 year olds. Trains = not for me , at all, ever ever again

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post

No one. And you saw evidence of that on the train. Did the guard remove him? No. Did he admonish him? No.
    The guard didn't have the power to remove him. The only power the guard had was to infringe him for not having a ticket, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    Day guards need more power!
    Yep, they do need to have public officers on the trains during week days, and leave the guards at the ticket gates.