+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me about IVF drugs

Hi Ladies,

I'm about to start my 1st IVF cycle in June (hopefully). Depending on timing, I might be jabbing during exams. Am I mad? Will the hormones affect my concentration?

I'm 31 so it isn't a disaster if I start a month later... I'd like to start now though :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose Caboose For This Useful Post:

TheNoona  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi

everyone is different...its not so much your concentration that is affected but the drugs can make you extremely emotional, ranging from seething anger to quite depressed....also u never know what side effects u could get, headaches, sleeplessness, ohss.....this could affect your ability to study.....personally i would wait but thats cos the drugs messed with my head,doesnt everyone tho but it can disrupt your life....if its only one exam i guess.......personally i would wait so i could give the study my all and the ivf my all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Moose

Its really hard deciding.... personally I would recommend starting post exams... As the others have said you wont know how the drugs will affect you. For me its horrid headches for the first few days and fatigue. Not the best study buddies

The biggest reason however is I found my first cycle really consuming. It was a mixture of excitment and nerves. Work was hard enough to concerntrate on for me!!

Good luck either way you go x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm. Thanks ladies, lots of food for thought... Sounds like I should postpone if the timing is off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi moose, I agree with postponing it. One side effect of the drugs for me was forgetfulness! It really didn't help with my work so can't imagine how I would have been with studying.

Goooooood luck for both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I would postpone. In the overall scheme of things one month isn't that long to wait. The drugs may affect you (they may not), but you will also have lots of appointments, scans, blood tests etc and it is a distraction that I'm sure you don't need at that point. Also you want to make sure you give IVF your best shot, my BFP finally came when I actually took more time off work, said no to some of my usual commitments and listened to my body.