Closed Thread
Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    I will be sure to write up birth story when I have the laptop. Doing ok though with only 3hrs sleep last night and 2hrs the night before am tired. So far no luck with feeding, last night's nurse told me its because my boobs are so big and River is so little. But have expressed 1.5ml for first feed then 1.3ml for second feed.
    Have read everything but can't remember to do personals.

Michelle River is also a name on Dr Who, the fact its a character in both Firefly and Dr Who is what made me hesitant to suggest it to DP but it links in so well with his name.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I wouldn't worry that it's a name in dr who and firefly... I LOVE the name river and it suits your daughter so much and glad it ties in with DPs surname. I didn't mean to upset you if I did by saying it reminded me if FF... It's only cause I just watched it again otherwise I wouldn't have even remembered

hope you get some rest Toni and that you have more luck with feeding; you'll get there hope you are enjoying being a mummy!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hope the feeding works out Toni! It's one of my concerns too as I have big breasts. I've heard that the football hold can be easier for bubs with big breasted mums x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni- I hope you get the feeding sorted out soon. The ABA have a helpline, could you give them a ring for advice?

Hope you manage to get some more sleep soon, I remember that first night alone in hospital with bub and I got a similar amount. It's really tough but hope you'll feel better soon!

I managed a good hypnobirthing practice session with DH last night. He was really good, back to his old self, so think the other night was just tiredness on his part. I needed the relaxation to be honest as before that I had watched a birth documentary which brought back some bad memories. One lady had a c-section and the anesthetic made her very sick, just like me when I had Toby, so she was vomiting and felt very ill after her baby was born. Then another lady had a very low iron count after birth and needed a blood transfusion. I had a similar iron count to this lady after birth (around 7 something) but didn't get a transfusion as they said it wasn't low enough. Wish I had, because I felt so incredibly ill for over a week after Toby was born...nearly passed out one day...and I really don't want to feel like that again. So seeing all this on TV made me feel very worried that this might happen to me for a second time. I never want to feel ill like that again. But odds for a VBAC are on my side, so fingers crossed it won't happen. Plus I would push for a transfusion this time around if my iron went that low. I wonder if I did have to have a c-section, if a epidural rather than the usual spinal block would have a different effect on me? Not make me so ill? Might ask my midwife at my appointment next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Michelle: not offended at all. Not many people have connected the name with either show.

Rainbow: yes I am trying normal and football hold. Hopefully something works. She is also just very snoozy.

Bond: Last night was hard on my own. I really wish that DP had been here. She has such an upset belly and I was feeling completely useless. I'm glad you got a good session in with DH. Midwives here are really helpful and she isn't even a day old yet so will just keep persevering but will call someone if I'm still struggling.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh good, I worry about offending people a lot!

I'm sorry DP didn't get to stay with you last night, is he allowed to stay tonight? How long do you have to be in hospital for?

Hope Rivers belly gets better soon and she takes to drinking a bit better. So amazed you have a girl, I was really thinking boy for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, that's great that you got hypnobirthing practice in. Maybe try not to watch birth shows until your bub is born. My hypnobirthing lady said not to watch anything but hypnobirths, because the others will only increase my fear and anxiety

Toni, that sux that you were in your own and DP was home. When do you get to go home? I hope River's belly settles soon.

AFM, 36 weeks today! Only 1 week til maternity leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little Hayden was born yesterday morning at 8.44 weighing 6 pound 6 oz! He is such a good baby. And an amazing feeder. We are so in love with him ImageUploadedByBub Hub1371774179.632878.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    My little Hayden was born yesterday morning at 8.44 weighing 6 pound 6 oz! He is such a good baby. And an amazing feeder. We are so in love with him Attachment 38187
    Congrats Fel, Hayden is gorgeous!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congrats Fel!!! What a gorgeous little boy!!! He is really lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    My little Hayden was born yesterday morning at 8.44 weighing 6 pound 6 oz! He is such a good baby. And an amazing feeder. We are so in love with him Attachment 38187
    Beautiful congrats fel.
    Omgosh its raining babies in here!!