Closed Thread
Page 94 of 100 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Toni, huge congrats on River. She is adorable. I hope your doing well?
    River, welcome to the world

Ill be having my baby shower at 35.5 weeks. As my sis is down from interstate that weekend and it means she can come.

Can anyone tell me where you got your Doppler from and how much it was. I think I want one to ease my mind I am a really crampy today, and although already have a scan booked for tomorrow I would love to hear a hb to ease my mind

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I bought mine off a girl in my DIG, I'll check the brand when I get home. It's a good one, but just remember it can be hard to find hb and not to panic if you can't. Naturally I don't think I would heed my ow advice though! Luckily I've found him every time I've tried pretty quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think not finding a hb would freak me out a million times more than some cramping! Maybe not a good idea for me? (Will still probably get one though lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Squiggs twins does not run in my family at all...we were all in shock and it was all and is all very new to both of our families cause I don't know how it will be after next week!

Toni congrats she is adorable!!

Lil petal happy birthday!!!

Ponytail yay for strong little bundle being safe and have a strong hb it's always awesome to see them

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nila For This Useful Post:

Ponytail  (20-06-2013),Three Little Birds  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ToniS she looks perfect! Enjoy the newborn snuggles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SquiggsMom View Post
    Wow. I'm laid up in bed for 1 day with dizziness and a headache and I miss 5 pages worth of stuff!

Nila - 7 days until you meet your two little ones! How exciting. I'm still not used to the idea. I go from thinking there's no way I can do this to it will be fine. Do twins run in the family or was it a total shock for you as well? I hope the steroid shot isn't too bad.

MCB - I go to a physio that specializes in pre and post natal women. She has done wonders for my back. bugger about the insomina. I've got it too. And I can't just roll over and try to go back to sleep because I wake up starving!! I've got a stash of food beside the bed now. I just wish my bladder was like yours!

Maybee - I hope bubs comes soon. I know how uncomfortable those last few weeks are but hang in there! DD came on time so hopefully yours will too! It's good you're finding things to do to pass the time.

FTM - so glad you caught the reflux early and your GP was on board. Hopefully she will sleep even better for you now! 6 hours is awesome! The fact that you picked up on it early and did something about it makes you an awesome mom!

LilP - I think it's a good call to wait if your body isn't ready. Beats an emergency cesarian if things go wrong. Happy Birthday!

Rainbow - we started acquiring nursery stuff when I was about 6 months along. If you've already got the room, might as well fill it. I think my shower was around 30 weeks. But I also didn't buy a lot of small things until after then because you never know what presents you're going to get. Can't wait to see pictures from your scan!

Ponytail - you have the same EDD as Channy and I. Not that I'll make it that long with twins. How did the little bean look? Strong heartbeat?

LilS - glad you got good news from the OB

ToniS - congrats!! She's adorable!!

Channy - how are you feeling hun? You have a scan soon as well don't you?

Hi everyone else I missed

AFM - I'm having a good day as far as MS goes. I feel almost normal with tons of energy whereas yesterday I was at the doctor for severe headaches and dizziness. No cause for those except I'm out numbered. I'm struggling to come to terms with twins. I had a bit of a cry about it last night. Don't get me wrong, I know in a year from now I wouldn't be able to picture my life any other way than with 3 little ones, but 3 just complicates things so much. I guess it's only natural to freak out a bit at the news of twins. Hubby and I keep saying that this baby was going to be way to awesome for the world to handle so the powers that be decided to share it between two people.
    Nice job on the personals squigg. I can imagine it would b hard to come to terms with 2 little bundles of joy coming into this works but u have loads of time to get used to it

I had my scan on Tuesday (pics on pg27) all good, one little peanut with a heartbeat of 160

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Three Little Birds  (21-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    I think not finding a hb would freak me out a million times more than some cramping! Maybe not a good idea for me? (Will still probably get one though lol)
    I didn't get one for that reason. I didn't want the unnecessary stress. And I thought DH would think I was nuts if I got one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Toni! So excited for you and dp. Hope the delivery went smoothly.

Fel can't wait to hear your news. Know you would have your little man by now,
    I'm pretty sure.

Okay trying to Feed best get back to that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I didn't get one for that reason. I didn't want the unnecessary stress. And I thought DH would think I was nuts if I got one
    Dh already knows I'm well and truly nits hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toni- congratulations! Love the name. Tell us more about the birth when you have time and energy (when River is about 18 then!) lol

Squiggs- oh hun, sorry you’ve been feeling poorly and so overwhelmed by the thought of twins. I totally can appreciate how daunting it must be and like you said, it’s totally natural to be freaking out. There are tons of twin support groups from what I understand so maybe seek some of those out, or get some books etc, to help you get well prepared....when you’re over the MS etc that is!

MrsLA- good luck for you scan tomorrow. I got my Doppler off ebay I think when I was in the UK so not much help to you! They are a great reassurance until you start to feel baby moving.

FTM- glad the medication for reflux has helped Vale. It does seem really common and I’m crossing my fingers that we can avoid it!

Lil Petal- Sorry you’re feeling like you’ve got a way to go, but definitely better not to be induced if your body isn’t ready as it just won’t work. That’s what happened to me with my 1st. Oh and happy birthday!

MCB- sorry to hear you’re still plagued by insomnia. It’s horrid! I’ve slept better the last few nights thank goodness, just a bit of backache troubling me in the night.

Maybee- hope you have a good afternoon with you family and it takes your mind off impending labour for a while. Have you tried anything to get things started?

Rainbow- good luck with getting the cot finished! The rainbow colours on the end looked great. I got everything sorted out in the nursery when I was about 24 weeks or so, as we moved house around this time so just put things together then. It’s been sat there ever since, getting dusty, so wish i’d done it much later...less to clean! Re. baby showers...sounds sad but I never had one with DS (they’re not so popular in the UK) and don’t think i’m having one here as don’t know many people! But my work will do a morning or afternoon tea before I go in two weeks (as they always do when people leave) so will get nice food and a few gifts I expect. 36 weeks sounds fine to me.

Ponytail- lovely to see your scan picture. So how many weeks are you now?

Smurfy- glad the ob appointment went well, must be good to know that all is well with bub and reassuring that not being at work is the right thing!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM- well I called my midwife today as keep getting pins and needles in my right leg when I walk. Today it got so bad I could hardly walk and was limping along like an invalid. So thought i’d ring and check it was just baby sat on a nerve and not anything sinister. She said she couldn’t be sure so to go to my GP, but don’t think it’s anything much to worry about so probably won’t bother. Anyone else had this?

I am just very uncomfortable a lot of the time now. When I sit down, my back is painful. When I bend down, the same. Lifting my 14kg toddler is hard work, as is dressing him, bathing him etc. And i’m not even that big. Put on 10kg so far which is a bit more than with my son I think. But my bump is all baby, no excess weight. Bub has been in the same position for weeks now. Her bum is on one side of my belly (a big lump) with legs curling around to the other side. But she seems to be head down. The bit of my bump around her bum is painful though. No idea what that’s about!

Anyway, all in all not much to moan about. I got out of having to go and take emergency action to remove 4 kids from their mum today, just because I’m pregnant and can’t be exposed to the stress/volatile situation. But then I feel guilty as I can’t help my colleagues! Did manage to get shouted at by a young girl and called a f***ing b*tch though. Usually handle it fine as i'm used to it in my line of work, but I feel more vulnerable these days, and my baby can hear these things. So glad to finish in two weeks time!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Three Little Birds  (21-06-2013)