Closed Thread
Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Omg squiggs!!! That's nuts! Time to get ready for double the fun!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Three Little Birds  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow Squiggs!!! How exciting. Congrats. Has the shock worn off yet?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all.

Quick post

congrats squigs.

toni i am so excited for you, only two more sleeps. Hope your feeling ok! So so exciting to hear what you have.

anyone heard how dream girl is going?

Lilsmurfy glad you are packed.

Channy good luck for your scan will be thinking of you.

Mcb glad your mums a bit better.

Bond how are you going?

Maybe you must be close to full term.

Has anyone heard if button has had her bubs yet?

Ftm vale is so cute.

Wave everyone else!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SageS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone had a rdo 2day but my ds highjacked it we went out to the park and just had some us time. Was good but man he must now be going through a growth spirt coz all he wanted to do all day was eat.

Smurfy:
    Not long to go and it will be ur turn so I'm glad you got your bags organised one less thing to think about. I have almost done the same thing as u I have my labour bag with enough stuff for bubs for bout 24 hours and then DH will bring in bubs bag later with either boy/girl clothes.

Rainbow:
    Absolutely love the cot the colours are a good pick.

Toni:
    👋 Good luck for Wednesday I would be all nervous actually knowing the date time but then again I would like it coz I could prepare and organise everything.

Squiggs:
    Omg 2bundles of joy it must have been a huge shock but I wish you all the best.

👋MCB and CHANNY:
    I'm glad your both happy and in safe loving relationships now.

Pony: also glad you and your family are safe 2. Good luck with your OB appointment.

👋To everyone else sorry to late in the night for my brain to remember more. Also hi 👋 to everyone that have their bundles of joy at home with you hope all your bubs are treating you well and letting you get some rest. 👶

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loonylea For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (18-06-2013),Three Little Birds  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brody's Birth Story -
    My waters ruptured spontaneously on Thursday night around 9:30pm just as I was leaving my stepsons room from saying goodnight. I was 35+6 weeks. Hubby called the hospital and we had to go straight in - a) baby is premmie until 37 weeks and b) I live an hour away from the hospital.
    We arrived at the hospital just before 11pm and went straight to the delivery suite for assessment. I hadn't started contractions so my OB recommended a steroid shot for the baby incase they came early and some sleeping tablets to have a good sleep and see if anything develops. Often labour occurs 24-48 hrs after rupture. Nothing happened overnight so the next morning I was transferred to the ward to wait and see and get my next steroid injection. I had random BH throughout the day but nothing regular. Friday night I woke to contractions mild but 3-5 mins apart and was transferred down to delivery. Hubby came back to the hospy and we called my mum as I was told I was in labour. Upon a vaginal assessment it was discovered that my cervix had not yet started to efface as all and it was probably best to have a pethadene injection to get some sleep whilst the contractions hopefully changed my cervix. As I woke the next morning I knew labour had stall as the contractions were no longer regular and in fact stopped for brief periods. The OB advised it wasn't labour and to transfer me back to the ward to wait and see. Nothing else happened that night. Sunday morning my random contractions stated to appear more frequent so I started to write notes of the times. By mid morning they were getting stronger and more frequent. As they started to take my breathe away and frequency got to 7-10 mins apart we notified the nurses and they put a trace on. Unaware of the results and concentrating on the contractions they said I was in labour and needed to be transferred back to delivery. When handing me over I was advised that baby didn't seem to happy and the heart rate was sitting around 170 bpm instead of the average over the last few days of 128 bpm. The OB had been called for emergency assessment. Contractions were getting stronger and harder to breathe through and I was given an internal to check my cervix. It was still very long. OB arrived in about 10 mins and took one look at the trace and said baby needed to come out straight away as it was in fetal stress. Things happened very quickly from here. I was prepped and transferred to theatre, given the epidural and baby was out within half an hour. It was all so so quick but everyone was so comforting and reassuring that I was surprisingly calm. My little man Brody Manning Williams was born at 3:34pm weighing in at 3.120kg (6pound 14ounces) and 50cm long. He was absolutely beautiful. Given straight to the paediatrician he was checked out and just noted to have minor laboured breathing. After having some skin to skin contact for about 15 mins they took him up to the nursery while I was stitched up and went to recovery.
    Brody is now 1 1/2 days old and doing well. He was given a drip of antibiotics and glucose as precaution for his premmie status and also as he and been in my ruptured waters for a few days. He has started to breastfeed although is a little sleepy doing it so I am also hand expressing and topping up where need be. He is a gorgeous little man and can't wait for him to get out of the nursery soon. It was certainly love at first sight xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nawwww dream girl congratulations on the birth of Brody. Can't wait to see a pic of the little man

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little miss slept from 8:30pm-4:00am!!! She's not even 5 weeks old!! How lucky am I?!?? I really think its the SOS technique we've been using on her. Two other ladies in my DIG use it too and they're bubbas are sleeping through the night. I highly recommend it for everyone when you're bubs are born

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    My little miss slept from 8:30pm-4:00am!!! She's not even 5 weeks old!! How lucky am I?!?? I really think its the SOS technique we've been using on her. Two other ladies in my DIG use it too and they're bubbas are sleeping through the night. I highly recommend it for everyone when you're bubs are born

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    What is the SOS technique?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dream girl he is gorgeous!! Congrats again.

SOS stands for Save Our Sleep by Tizzie Hall. Awesome awesome book. You can start bubs as young as 2 weeks on it. She teaches self settling and a strict feeding routine. I don't do the feeding routine but I taught DD to self settle and every sleep bar the 5am sleep she settles herself and falls asleep with no patting, rocking or shushing from me. Makes life a whole lot easier!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (18-06-2013)