Closed Thread
Page 68 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    FTM, I am a bit worried about you; newborns and sleep deprivation equals very hard going. Are you napping during the day when she goes down? Do you have adequate support? You are breast-feeding, yes?...If so, the Australian Breast Feeding Association has a 24-hour hotline for advice and support. And your Maternal Health Centre can provide additional support. Ask for help...there is no shame in that; in fact, it is the sign of a mature woman.
    Hi J

Thank you for your concern

I'm actually doing great since I discovered SOS. We had a rough few nights training her but DD is now self settling nicely and I get more sleep! Yayyy! I'm not breast feeding as my milk never came in.

Thanks again for watching out for me I'm actually getting more sleep now than I was in the last weeks of pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Girls, please don't abandon Bub Hub for Facebook...I am passionate in my dislike of Facebook!!!

Best of luck Dream Girl for a "dream delivery"!

Lucy is a little champion; feeding well, sleeping well. Oscar on the other hand!!...The little man was up FOUR times last night...at 1.30am, 2am, 2.30am and 3am! That was the killer, not Lucy! He is sick (in his defence). At one stage last night I had Lucy in one arm, Oscar in another, trying to heat Oscar's bottle and calm him down, whilst juggling a floppy newborn!!

For those about to/just recently given birth, I have just bought the "SRC Recovery Shorts"...check out their website. They are like bike-pants that you pull up to just beneath your breasts, and they help support your pelvic floor, back and abdominal muscles, stimulating blood flow and providing support, to aid in recovery post-partum. They feel really good. I was sceptical, but my husband was really keen, and I am glad he persisted. Worth having a look.

FTM, I am a bit worried about you; newborns and sleep deprivation equals very hard going. Are you napping during the day when she goes down? Do you have adequate support? You are breast-feeding, yes?...If so, the Australian Breast Feeding Association has a 24-hour hotline for advice and support. And your Maternal Health Centre can provide additional support. Ask for help...there is no shame in that; in fact, it is the sign of a mature woman.

Rainbow...baby boys are adorable!

J xx.
    Bub hub helped keep me sane while I was ttc, so I have no intention of going anywhere. I'm hoping you lovely ladies will also help with my sanity once bub arrives too.

That's great that Lucy is doing so well. Hopefully Oscar is better soon, and you can get a bit more sleep.

FTM, I'm glad you're getting some sleep and that SOS is working for you.

Maybee, that's great that your BP is still normal.

Channy, the weather here has been crappy this week. I've been trying to get washing dry, but it's a struggle. Good luck with your scan next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope the ms eases for you soon Squiggs, least its reassurance that bub is growing strong
    I am better today, bub has moved from the back to the front so the pain has gone... Involved a lot of rocking hoping to budge my very stubborn bub and finally worked!
    My mum is getting better, not so sore and depressed now and getting more up and about so happy about that! Thank you for asking

Channy I have a Edan SonoTrax doppler.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MichelleClareBear For This Useful Post:

Three Little Birds  (15-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have birthday money so might invest in one I know I wot b able to use for a bit tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Channy: I can understand you not wanting to get to excited. 5 days isn't too long for your scan

Maybee Baybee: Am doing well with resting today, really haven't done much at all today I am more excited to find out what we are having now I have names picked lol.

J37: Glad Lucy is doing well and hope Oscar is better soon. I use FB but I love this thread and have no intention of leaving. Thanks for the info about the shorts, will go have a looksee.

FTM: Glad you are getting some rest and Vale is doing well. I will keep reading my SOS book especially as you regard it so highly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh lordy - I just did the longest post and my internet cut out

Hope everyone is well! Yesterday bub co-operated a little more for us. But the placenta was still in the way and bub was playing with the umbilical cord, so didn't get the clearest of shots, but enough to see the face. Bub has my lips and DH's nose! Was very cute seeing bub yawn and poke its tongue out
    Sorry for the lack of personals - sooooo tired!
    jun13030croepdp.jpg
    jun13017croepdp.jpg
    jun13008croepdp.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    J37 - Im not going anywhere either (not that Im in here a lot, been so busy!) I dont particularly like Facebook groups. Our DIG has one and I post in there sometimes, I just cant tell who is who so I find (and it might just be me!) that its hard to keep up with people's stories etc unless you are someone who is on there all the time. The constant notifications drive me nuts too. Every group Ive been in (except for my DIG cos DIGs are always busy as ppl are excited) has fallen apart once they moved to FB from BH, even ones that had a LONG history on here and used to catch up for coffee regularly too

Dreamgirl - wow how exciting!!!! Good luck

Im soooooooo exhausted, work has been nuts because its end of semester so truckloads of marking and reports to write. Hoping to lurk around a bit more once its over. I finish my job in 3 weeks time (it was only a semester contract) and will go to just relief teaching next term. A bit anxious about having to drum up enough work, but it shouldnt be a problem and at least I can pick and choose what days I work then. If I dont feel up to it, I can just say no!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (14-06-2013),J37  (14-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cute photos MissXamA!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX cute pics!

Waiting hope you manage to get enough relief work for your needs. Will be nice to be able to say no if you are not up to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    J glad to hear Lucy is going well. Hopefully Oscar is feeling better soon and sleeping through for you

FTM glad to hear things are much better now Vale is doing SOS

MCB glad bubs has moved and the pain has gone. Glad to hear your mum is doing better too

Miss X great close up pics of bubs.

Think bubs has moved down more. The pelvic pain is severe and uncomfortable and hurts to walk. Had a warm bath to help and resting with feet up. Hoping it eases up overnight.