Closed Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybee I won't lie to you. The sleep deprivation is awful. I am one of those people that needs 8 hours a night to function so I'm finding that I feel like I'm constantly walking around in a fog like state. DD is only sleeping in 2 hour blocks and I'm feeling like I'm loosing my marbles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello girls; I haven't been able to post a photo, as Bub Hub "machine" wont seem to work to allow this...will get my husband to work it out over weekend. I am technologically-retarded, in every aspect!

FTM...be acutely aware of post-natal depression and anxiety, which can be precipitated by sleep deprivation. I actually had severe PND with Oscar, resulting in an admission to a Mother-Baby Unit...which ended up being a very good experience. PND can happen to the best and most capable of us. There is no shame. I am very aware of the possibility of a repeat experience. Did you get a "Beyond Blue" booklet in hospital about PND?

For those packing hospital bags...don't forget Maternity pads in large numbers! At least 3 packets, with more left in the car for hubby to bring in as needed. I went through 2 packets of 10 in 24-hours. And it is the kind of thing you want to be able to change regularly.

Lucy is doing well, feeding like a champion, bless her. I am planning to "cluster-feed" her this evening, so hopefully she sleeps a bit longer overnight. We shall see.

J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    J - glad to hear u and ur little girl are doing well

Sleep deprivation - omg I remember it all too well with DD!! I can remember in the early days I was so exhausted i couldn't even walk in a straight line to the bathroom kept smacking in to walls, was horrible. DH had to carry DD for me sometimes cos I was so exhausted I was scared I would drop her

Driving while pg- I kept driving up until 39 weeks with DD and only stopped then cos my bump was too big behind the wheel!! (I'm really short only 5'0)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Hello girls; I haven't been able to post a photo, as Bub Hub "machine" wont seem to work to allow this...will get my husband to work it out over weekend. I am technologically-retarded, in every aspect!

FTM...be acutely aware of post-natal depression and anxiety, which can be precipitated by sleep deprivation. I actually had severe PND with Oscar, resulting in an admission to a Mother-Baby Unit...which ended up being a very good experience. PND can happen to the best and most capable of us. There is no shame. I am very aware of the possibility of a repeat experience. Did you get a "Beyond Blue" booklet in hospital about PND?

For those packing hospital bags...don't forget Maternity pads in large numbers! At least 3 packets, with more left in the car for hubby to bring in as needed. I went through 2 packets of 10 in 24-hours. And it is the kind of thing you want to be able to change regularly.

Lucy is doing well, feeding like a champion, bless her. I am planning to "cluster-feed" her this evening, so hopefully she sleeps a bit longer overnight. We shall see.

J x.
    Thanks for the tip on maternity pads. I bought 5 packets and then thought I might have gone overboard, perhaps not.

Glad to hear Lucy is feeding well. Excuse my ignorance, but what is cluster feeding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear all is well with Lucy, J!

I agree the sleep deprivation with a newborn is like nothing on earth. My son was so hard to settle and I remember being delirious from lack of sleep, and hubby taking him for a walk at 2am trying to get him asleep at 3 days old! I need a lot of sleep to function, but you just learn to deal with it and get on because you have to. I went kinda crazy at times and DH was worried about PND but thankfully not, just exhaustion in my case. We all just get through it eventually one way or another.

Remind me why I'm having another one? lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nila I hope you get everything done you want this weekend. Tonight we went and did night market and Sunday is our last Sunday market before bub arrives. I must say I am rather tired tonight and looking forward to not having market for a few weeks
    LilPetal: I am sure you will cope beautifully with bub and DD

Lil Smurfy: Hope you are feeling better and got to lay down. Enjoy your time off

Michelle: Lunch sounds nice and yay for getting the cot organised

maybee baybee: Hope your dinner went well tonight and good luck with the owl mobile. No idea regarding driving, I figured I would keep driving until I got uncomfortable or my Ob told me I needed to stop.

J: glad that Lucy is doing well. You may have missed the info but if you are trying to do a photo on your phone uninstall and reinstall the app and it should work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank u for all my birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day and had no problem faking drinking at night however my car got locked in to the car park we got home at 2am and now I feel hung over even though I had not one sip of alcohol :/

Will do personals later, happy wkend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Channy, I hope you had a great birthday and you managed to get away with not drinking without telling anyone.

Rainbow, So glad your appointment went well and that you can still birth in the birthing centre.

MCB, lunch sounds nice, hope you enjoy getting you hair done tomorrow

J, so good to hear that you and Lucy are doing well. Looking forward to seeing that picture.

Hello everyone else

afm, we are about to jump in the car and go away in our new caravan for the weekend its going to be f***ing freezng!!! but hopefully with a heater in the van, lots of clothes and a fire we will be ok. really looking forward to getting away and relaxing for a few days.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Thanks for the tip on maternity pads. I bought 5 packets and then thought I might have gone overboard, perhaps not.

Glad to hear Lucy is feeding well. Excuse my ignorance, but what is cluster feeding?
    I am on to my 4th pack of pads, and she is not even 3 days old yet, so 5 packs sound about right to me.

Cluster-feeding is when you offer the breast more frequently and hopefully feed every 1-2 hours for a given period of time, in the hope that baby will then go for a longer period before waking for another feed. So for example, if you feed in a "cluster" every few hours between 6-11pm, the hope is baby may then last til 3-4am before waking for next feed. So if you cluster-feed in evening, the desired outcome is a decent few hours of sleep for you at night. Does that make sense? Cannot guarantee it will work, but is worth a shot.

J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Channy: Glad you had a good birthday, sorry to hear about the car getting locked away and hope you feel better soon.

MrsLA: Enjoy your weekend away.

J37: Thanks for the information on cluster-feeding. Never heard of it before.