Closed Thread
Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Toni and maybee, my bub is the same, squirming and kicking all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its the stretching movements that take the breath away Smurfy, bubs doesn't really have the room to stretch out but that doesn't seem to deter them haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fel don't think I posted in response to you. I am so glad your BP has been behaving. 21 days isn't long at all till your bubs arrival. Keep up the good work.

Ftm she is divine!

J hoping all went well and you are having awesome squishy cuddles with your little girl.

Rainbow i felt movement from about 16 weeks but I didn't know it was movement if that makes sense took me a couple of days to work it out. No idea what placenta position I had though. I know it was upper.

Okay off to bed to get some
    Sleep while my little man is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK...will try and make this as entertaining as I can!...

Admitted around 8am, lovely older midwife who bossed my husband about which was very amusing for me, and very reassuring. Into sexy hospital gown with bum flashing at the back. On go the monitors (CTG, BP cuff, etc), drip goes in...so feeling good! Internal by OBGYN who breaks waters, and about 13 litres literally sprays out...drenched my OBGYN whom now has a skirt covered with my amniotic fluid! Add significantly to her dry-cleaning bill.
    Syntocinon infusion started, contractions begin, urinary catheter goes in.
    Colleague of mine puts in epidural which goes in first pass, working well so that increasingly strong contractions felt tight but not painful.
    4 hours later the epidural becomes right-sided (perfect block on right, very weak on the left), which is a common problem with epidurals, but can be managed by giving a bolus of drug through the epidural catheter. Unfortunately this happened right as 2nd stage began and she began to crown and I felt urge to push, so quite frankly, it really bloody hurt as she crowned and was delivered...OBGYN did pre-emptive episiotomy, so did not tear.
    Cord around neck and knot in cord, baby came out blue and flat...Paediatrician paged, and was there in 45 seconds. Baby given oxygen and bag-mask ventilated for a few minutes. By 5 minutes she was fine.
    Had big bleed of 700mLs as placenta delivered. Needed more IV syntocinon to stop haemorrhage.
    Baby's blood sugar critically low, so put straight to breast.
    OBGYN delivers placenta, stitches up episiotomy, and...
    ...bibbitty-bobitty-boo...all is well in the world!
    Baby still to breast, she feeds like a champion.
    Epidural turned off and I have return of strength to legs within 10 minutes.

Oh...
    Baby Lucy Margaret born at 2pm, weighing...
    4.715kg (10lb 6oz)...!
    And she has the sweetest fat cheeks. Straight into 000 pink Bond grow-suit.

I am still bleeding moderately heavily, so been quite dizzy, but more drugs and fluids have almost sorted that out.

Thanks for listening

J xx.

Ps. Bond, my "big 2-year-old baby boy" is the same...still wakes at 4-5am or earlier some nights for a bottle of milk and "cuddles". Is it boy toddlers I wonder??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congrats j! Welcome Lucy Margaret. Beautiful induction story and what a big bubba! Poor mumma, ouch. Glad things went well shame about the epi becoming one sided.

How lucky the paed was there so quickly to help her, that must have been scary for you. But Sounds like she is feeding like a little champion and doing really well.

Keep up the red meat and iron filled foods Over the next few days. Sounds like you lost a bit of blood quickly.

Sending good vibes your way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post
    Wow congrats j! Welcome Lucy Margaret. Beautiful induction story and what a big bubba! Poor mumma, ouch. Glad things went well shame about the epi becoming one sided.

How lucky the paed was there so quickly to help her, that must have been scary for you. But Sounds like she is feeding like a little champion and doing really well.

Keep up the red meat and iron filled foods Over the next few days. Sounds like you lost a bit of blood quickly.

Sending good vibes your way!
    Thank you...but now I am lying here fantasing about a medium-rare rib-eye steak!!
    J x.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congratulations J!!! Sounds like it was a bit scary but you kept your cool!

Hope the bleeding subsides quickly!!

Welcome to the world Lucy! Gorgeous name! What a big bubba!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats J and welcome Lucy. Glad things went well. I'm actually a bit teary I am so happy for you.

I hope you get your steak soon hehe. Hope Oscar love's his new sister.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats J! Beautiful name! Enjoy the newborn snuggles and I hope the dizziness goes away soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations J!! Welcome to the world Lucy. Sounds like an eventful birth. I hope your bleeding settles soon, and some nice person gets you a steak. Wow she was a big bub. Shame the epi went one sided when it was time to push.