Closed Thread
Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well today is the day! Am 39 weeks, and going in this morning to be induced! I have polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid), and an estimated foetal weight over 10 lb (4.4 kg) already, so need to be induced to reduce perinatal risk. All due to the diabetes.
    So plan will be go in at 7.30am, internal exam with gel application and rupture of membranes, then syntocinon infusion goes up, epidural goes in, episiotomy to allow enormous head to come out...and bibbitty-bobitty-boo...hopefully one live infant comes out!
    So, for those who know me, once drugs and drapes and monitors are up and happening, I will be relaxed! Hope this attitude doesn't appall those lovely girls planning a more "natural" approach, but being a doctor has caused a shift in my comfort zone...probably due to risk management issues, and optimising clinical outcomes.
    I'm crapping on now in order to pass the 6 mins left before my alarm goes off, and I have to get up, showered, and get Oscar to creche. Then on to the hospital!!
    I will let you all know how I go.
    Is Button around?....we share an EDD, so she must be close too.
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck J and can't wait to hear your birth announcement of your little girl xx

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Good luck today both J and Waiting!!! I can't wait to hear an update about your little girl J!

And hoping for the best possible news from you waiting x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck j! Can't wait to hear the news. Doesn't matter at the end of the day what approach is used its all about having a healthy bubba arrive. I know from my own experience despite the best of intentions medical interventions are what keeps us and bubs safe. Your approach is about making sure ur little girl arrives safely and that's all that matters. Fingers crossed you will have a baby in your arms by dinner :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck J!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck J. Your post made me giggle, hope it all goes to plan and I can understand why you are relaxed with the medical intervention. xxx

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    MCB great bump pic

Rainbow what a cheeky bunny you have but cute

J: all the best and can't wait to hear you wonderful news fx everything goes as you have planed

Waiting: fx everything crossed we can hear some great news from you 2.

Sorry girls baby brain kicked in so hi👋 to everyone else. Thanks for all your different responses to what way you are planing to but bub to sleep with all the different wraps. Nothing new for me. Apart from bubs keeping me up at night but I'm sure everyone is in the same boat. Hope everyone has a good day 😃

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck today J!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    It probably depends on the clothes you wear. If slightly looser, you should be able to hide it. How did you go with your birthday dinner and drinking?
    My birthday isn't til Friday and the drinks are Friday night

J I can't believe how quickly that has come up, crazy to hear about ladies ttc when I started now having their babies best of luck! Hope all goes perfectly, sounds like u have a big bub in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    J!!!! I can't believe she is almost here! I love your way of describing birth - my mother asked me to stop being so clinical as I was describing pregnancy and birthing as a process and the objective of the process was to have a healthy baby as an outcome....now I make it all sunshine and lollipops for her.
    I have been referring to bub as a freeloader - just a bit of a joke.....apparently DH doesn't like that....so now back to bub!
    So I am going to try and book in for the 3D/4D scan next week to see bub - I am hoping by seeing bub this way I can bond a little more. I know I am pregnant, I feel the movements everyday.....but it just still feels so surreal!

Channy - I didn't 'show' until about 16 weeks - by 18 weeks I looked pregnant rather than full