+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No kicking - just squirming

Hi all,

Bubby used to kick alot but lately (30 weeks now) I notice less prominent kicks and more subtle movements which feel more like shifting or squriming (hate to use that word). Very satisfying kicks and punches have been replaced with my tummy slowly morphing into weird alien shapes. Makes me worried sometimes cos the obvious kicks used to let me know that bubby was alive and well. The squirming is less obvious Is this normal and is this just cos things are getting squishy in there? (Please note that I don't have child bearing hips and bubby probs can't stretch out anymore). I'll check with my ob next week too. Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably just that bubs is running out of room.... But probably should get a medical opinion good luck!

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah it's pretty normal now you're further along. I usually get limbs pressing out rather than kicks. Sometimes I get what feels like an elbow being shoved out but no real kicks anymore. I'm 31 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely get it checked if you are worried, but yes bub is probably just running out of room. I'm nearly 37w and have been getting less kicks for a while. As above it's more squirms and jabs from elbows, heels etc (I'm assuming!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have had less kicking awhile now but sooo much squirming. My Dr told me it is simply because bubs is running out of room for sharp, quick movements. Having said that though there are still occasional jabs from elbows. I quite like the squirming feeling but at times it is not as obvious as kicks. If it does worry you though as pp suggested ask your ob about it. Enjoy the movement, I LOVE IT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I have become aware of some prodding by limbs too or a random lump pressing out on my belly which could be a foot/elbow/hand. It's exremely cool and I'm just happy that baby seems to have moved away from bouncing up and down on my pelvic floor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could also mean that bub's has back to the front of your belly and therefore when kicking out, the kicks are directed into a region where you can't feel as much as obviously.