+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird1 View Post

It's prescribed for a possible infection, a ten day course.
    I don't want to sound too blunt but surely if it was not a serious problem they could give you the safe ones instead, and if it is a potentially serious problem then don't you think you should sort that out before becoming pregnant?!?

Getting over an illness while pregnant is no fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    I don't want to sound too blunt but surely if it was not a serious problem they could give you the safe ones instead, and if it is a potentially serious problem then don't you think you should sort that out before becoming pregnant?!?

Getting over an illness while pregnant is no fun!
    It depends on the infection. You can't treat everything with the safe antibiotics.

If it's only a short course I think you will be fine. If you're still ttc or in the very early stages of pregnancy then the placenta hasn't developed so there is no crossover. The half life is about 16-22 hours, so after the last dose it would be out of your system in aprox. 6-7 days depending on your dose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I think I am going to wait and see if I get AF and if I do I might take it then. Bedlover - not all antibiotics treat the same sorts of infections so unfortunately sometimes the safer options can't be used

Still not sure I will take it even if I get AF as there is no proof I have an infection they r just guessing. So frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As someone who just lost my baby as a result of me getting septic shock (blood infection of unknown source that led to multiple organ failure), I would still say don't risk it. I am not the only person on here who has recently experienced a second trimester loss due to infection.

Take the drugs, make sure you are well and give your baby the best chance possible. A short course of AB is nothing in the scheme of things, just to be on the safe side.