+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Acupuncture for ttc

Hi ladies I just had some questions re acupuncture when ttc. For medical reasons I can't start ttc for another 2 months. I will be put on the pill for the second month to ensure i get a period.

When we can try again I really want to do acupuncture. I was just wondering if I can start this now or should I wait & start it when I can start ttc again? I just wasn't sure & didn't want to ring if they're going to tell me to ring back in 2 months I hope this makes sense & thank u for any replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rocky,

I too am interested in finding out about accupuncture as an aid to ttc - why not phone round to a few different practitioners, or general health service (found a number online 1800 882 436 (pregnancy,birth, and baby helpline) that might be able to give you some info? Let me know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies

I don' tbelieve there is anything stopping you from starting acupuncture now.
    I started it after ttc for a month or so and fell pregnant the very next month (although there's no guarantees). My understanding is that they can use acupunture points to help de-stress but also regularlise hormones (i'm guessin gpeople use it when they are having issues with their period etc). My practitioner was also very interested in making sure the rest of my body was functioning well and fixing up other things (he used my tongue to decipher parts of this) but basically they want your blood to be as nourished as possible to support conception etc. so it's a whole body experience, not just working on your lady bits to fall pregnant. BUt that's just my experience. Could be different for everyone but i would definitely recommend it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would anyone be able to recommend someone in Brisbane?

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi I've just started acupuncture today, and so far have found it very relaxing which has got to be good!!
    You could start it now to prepare your body, the earlier the better.
    Good luck and to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Andrew McDougall at Brisbane Natural Health at Milton. He's great.
    They never refer to 'infertility' but rather call it 'subfertility' i like that positive thinking!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kt1310 For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, wow, thank u so much for all the replies!!

I finally rang them the other day & I now have my first appt on Tues, which I'm looking forward too. On the phone he said he'll do treatments to help support my body for when I take clomid & once I start taking clomid they do different pre/post ovulation treatment. He also said he'd give me herbs until I take clomid but then I'd have to stop taking the herbs.

I have no idea what to expect. How long does it normally take? How much do you normally pay for the herbs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had a number of friends who after trying varies forms of fertility assistance tried acupuncture and herbs and within a few months fell pregnant. After no success myself for several months I went and did it combined with the herbs and I fell pregnant I'm now 14 weeks. It really helps with relaxing u and regulating things. My periods had never returned to normal after coming off the pill and I believe that it helped sort all that out. Good luck, I loved my sessions. Each session for me was $50 and the herbs were about $100 for about 8 days worth, best money I've ever spent. I'm not in brissy so it might b different.