+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default question about laundry detergent

Hi all,

So I went to coles today and bought a 2kg box of cold power that was on special. When I got home I realized it was for a front loader. I have a top loader.

Obviously there is a difference, but could I still use it with my top loader?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've done this a few times( I really should pay more attention) and yep I've still used it. No issues here yet from doing it

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I have bought the wrong one - most of the time. I just keep forgetting to check. Still use it and never had an issue.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used front loader in my top loader before, didn't notice anything different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    The only difference is the front loader stuff doesn't foam up as much. I have to be careful what I buy because my machine needs the front loader stuff despite being a top loader.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually get the same detergent every time, but recently got distracted by the promise of citrus scented clothes so got a new type. Turns out it was a top loader detergent which I paid absolutely no attention to, that I'd used in my front loader a few times before noticing. I've had no issues with it but as pp said I think the only difference is the front loader type foaming up less. I'm sure front loader stuff would be no problems in a top loader

Thanks
    Reviews
    Front loader in top loader is fine. Top loader in front loader can damage the machine. Something to do with excess suds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks all. I didnt think it would be a problem, but just thought that maybe my clothes would be full of undissolved soap or something??? Guess i will find out when I do my washing tomorrow!!