+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had an LG washer/dryer. I hated it! Whenever we dried something it locked the doors and wouldn't unlock for about 3 hours afterwards. Thought it was a fault until the company told me it was a safety issue as the machine a d clothes would be hot. Took so long to dry as well.
    We have a washer and separate dryer now. Means I can have a load of washing on while something is drying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    We had an LG washer/dryer. I hated it! Whenever we dried something it locked the doors and wouldn't unlock for about 3 hours afterwards. Thought it was a fault until the company told me it was a safety issue as the machine a d clothes would be hot. Took so long to dry as well.
    We have a washer and separate dryer now. Means I can have a load of washing on while something is drying.
    You just turn it off and it unlocks after about two minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Just in reply to the top leader vs front loader, i recently switched to a front loader and while i think it cleans the clothes better (then my old toploader machine anyway). It also give DD easier access to putting things in it, pressing buttons etc. I now have to keep a closer eye on it - if i had not have checked this on the weekend, my camera may have got a bath... apparently that is where it is kept...
    Check whether there is a child lock switch. I press the start button for 3 seconds and it locks the machine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    You just turn it off and it unlocks after about two minutes.
    Yep worked that out. I still hated it! Thank you!
    We changed machines 3 years ago.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Took so long to dry as well.
    I'll second this. My LG took at least two hours to do a load of drying, and it had a lot of trouble with things like towels and mattress protectors. By the end of our time together I didn't bother putting those things in at all.

My Miele takes about 30 minutes to do the same load.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    With mine you can put a child lock on, not the door lock that auto. Child lock is so buttons and dials are disabled.

Even if you switch the machine off at the wall the next time you turn it on the child lock is still on.

Pretty handy with Mr. 4 on the prowl
    We have this too!

We have a washer/dryer, but bought a second dryer.

The dryer in the machine takes aaaaages, if I do a was/dry load it can take anywhere from 75 mins to about 6 hours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got my grandmothers combined washer/drier when she passed away, so not sure about price and I probably wouldn't have bought one, As I never used a drier previously. I don't use the drier all that much now, but having just been away for a week, I've smashed through the washing/drying so fast.

If I have heaps to do, I'll interrupt the dry half way through, so when I hang the clothes out, they're almost dry.

The most annoying thing, finding clothes that need to go in it, just after I've turned it on you can't just open the door and out them in like the top loader.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantsy View Post
    We got my grandmothers combined washer/drier when she passed away, so not sure about price and I probably wouldn't have bought one, As I never used a drier previously. I don't use the drier all that much now, but having just been away for a week, I've smashed through the washing/drying so fast.

If I have heaps to do, I'll interrupt the dry half way through, so when I hang the clothes out, they're almost dry.

The most annoying thing, finding clothes that need to go in it, just after I've turned it on you can't just open the door and out them in like the top loader.
    Depends on the machine. Ours you can pause while its filling and open the door to add that one sock that always falls out of the basket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep worked that out. I still hated it! Thank you!
    We changed machines 3 years ago.
    Oh phew - I was picturing you waiting three hours each time!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (28-05-2013)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thank you so much everyone for the info. I am starting to doubt getting an all in one now. I still can't look at them as phone hasn't done charging yet