+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd just forget about it all, and go get her a new one in 2 weeks time if she doesn't replace it by then. I'd give 2 weeks because it means you've given her time to get money together (she may have been to the shops, but I go to the shops a lot... but it's for stuff we need like food and maybe new socks or something for school... I don't always have the money for extras we WANT but don't NEED, kwim?). 2 weeks means she's likely to get some sort of pay between now and then, and has ample time to replace it.

If she doesn't... I would try not to worry and just replace it myself.

I'd also be telling my daughter too bad for leaving her stuff behind a car, and if it happens again, she's not getting another one, but I'm a bit of a jerk parent like that. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't have expected/accepted a replacement in this instance, but if this only happened on Saturday I wouldn't have expected the replacement by now either. I think anything up to a couple of weeks is acceptable, this would likely be the timeframe it would take us to get around to replacing it ourselves. We wouldn't rush out the next day to buy it if DD were partly to blame for it getting broken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I'd just forget about it all, and go get her a new one in 2 weeks time if she doesn't replace it by then. I'd give 2 weeks because it means you've given her time to get money together (she may have been to the shops, but I go to the shops a lot... but it's for stuff we need like food and maybe new socks or something for school... I don't always have the money for extras we WANT but don't NEED, kwim?). 2 weeks means she's likely to get some sort of pay between now and then, and has ample time to replace it.

If she doesn't... I would try not to worry and just replace it myself.

I'd also be telling my daughter too bad for leaving her stuff behind a car, and if it happens again, she's not getting another one, but I'm a bit of a jerk parent like that. lol.
    Im thinking the same, i really wouldn't have bothered to much, ad didn't expect her to replace it, it was more the fact she offered and i was unsure when i should i should expect the replacement or if i should at all, if she had of said nothing at all i wouldn't have bothered and assumed it as write off..

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Twoalready For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not really a matter off if she should replace it, or not

more so she offered to do so, so when should i expect the replacement if i should at all or if its just something you say when reporting an awkward situation...

I think as mentioned above 2 wks sounds like a good number and ill wait till then before replacing myself.

Last edited by Twoalready; 28-05-2013 at 11:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like she just said it before thinking much about it, and now maybe she regrets saying that but is too embarrassed to broach the subject with you?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

Twoalready  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    It's noy really a matter off if she should replace it, or not

more so she offered to do so, so when should i expect the replacement if i should at all or if its just something you say when reporting an awkward situation...

I agree, I hope she intends to follow through, it would be weird and awkward not to.

I think it's probably something that she wouldn't think was urgent though, I would wait up to two weeks and after that let it go I guess. I don't think I'd have the courage to ask her about it though, I have enough trouble chasing invoices! Lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Twoalready  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't automatically expect a replacement BUT she offered. AND she offered a loan of another but has taken that back and left your daughter with nothing.

Yes your daughter certainly has a responsibility not to leave toys where they can get damaged but the woman has a legal responsibility to check around her car before she moves it! What if it was a child or an animal not a scooter?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pajamarama For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Honestly if it were me I would just replace it and then thank her for the lovely offer of replacing it but that its not necessary

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    Sounds like she just said it before thinking much about it, and now maybe she regrets saying that but is too embarrassed to broach the subject with you?
    This is what I was thinking.

I could see myself offering to replace the scooter in the moment, then later thinking 'Hey, it's not my fault it was there! Why should my son go without his scooter because she didn't look after hers?'

If I'd made the offer though I'd follow through in replacing it, no matter what I thought afterwards. Also agreeing with the PP who said to give it a bit more time. If someone suggested I wasn't planning to follow through just because I hadn't done it immediately, I'd probably lose my temper & withdraw the offer.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She said she would replace it, she should replace it. If she was driving carefully she would have seen the scooter behind the car.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Twoalready  (28-05-2013)