+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you think that the mum wasn't at fault with the scooter then maybe have a word to her and explain that you've spoken to your daughter about looking after the scooter and that you are not expecting a replacement.

That way you can buy the replacement scooter without potential for double up, and there will be no awkwardness between you and the other mum.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Night Owl For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    casually bring it up I mean she did offer in the first place you will porbably get an excuse that she forgot, didn't have the money etc. And which case you'll know its not going to be replaced and if you want to can replace it yourself.

Don't be afraid to bring it up though, no harm in asking.

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think the mum should actually have to replace it either. I think now would be a good time to teach your daughter about where to place her scooter safely. I was always taught as a kid never to leave anything behind a car and if I did and it got wrecked it was tough luck for me... I don't always check behind my car for toys and I don't see how its this woman's fault. I think maybe she offered in the first place cause she felt bad, then thought about it and realized she wasn't the one who did something wrong...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The other mum shouldn't have said she'd replace it if she didn't intend to though..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She shouldn't have offered to replace it. If i say im going to do something i do it, i don't just pretend it never happened.

she obviously felt she was in the wrong as she lent her own sons scooter out as a temporary replacement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    If it was me i would have felt bad. I would have approached the other parent and explained what had happened and apologise.

BUT

I would also point out that I did not know it was there, that it shouldnt have been left there. I would offer to go halves in replacing the scooter but if i knew i did not have the funds (which i dont usually) until payday i would have made a point of saying that at the time. "I can give you the money on such and such a day" so the parent is not wondering like you are. I would be pretty embarrassed that i did not have the money there and then and it would make me feel uncomfortable seeing the other parent until then.

Do you know when her pay day falls? Can you find a catalogue with sales in it and say in passing, Hey did you see the sales on toys at this shop? See what sort of response you get without asking outright? That would then give the opportunity for the parent to offer an explanation without asking outright?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd go to a garage sale and get a second hand bike or roller skates or something. That way your daughter has something to ride around on but if the scooter gets replaced you won't end up with two. If your daughter wants another scooter then she has to save up for it herself - even if it wasn't her fault, it's a good lesson that sometimes life sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think she should have to replace it (if it was left out) but, she also shouldn't have said she would either.

If someone came to me saying they'd broke DDs scooter and she'd left it out, I'd probably say "don't even worry about it" but having said that, if I ran someone elses over I would definitely offer to pay too haha so I'm no help really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd just go and buy another. If she does come through with another scooter, pop it away for a future birthday or Christmas, scooters don't always last too long. A spare could even be used for when friends or family are over..

Meanwhile, I'd be tempted to let the woman know what i thought of her driving.. Scooters are pretty easy to see, maybe she should be watching more carefully. It could've been a kid instead of a scooter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frankly I think both the mum and the daughter are at fault. Yes the daughter should not have left it where she did BUT the mum also should check behind her when she is reversing or driving her car out of a driveway particularly as the kids were playing around there at the time.

The mum said she would replace it but if it were me I would go chat to the mum and say look 'daughter will pay half out of her allowance as she is also to blame' and see if she wants to go halves.

Guess it depends what sort of a mum she is....