+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Should I get a second opinion?

Hi ladies,

Last week I found out I am pregnant once again, so I went to my gp to get my initial bloods done. My results came back in on Saturday and this is where I am confused...

My doctor told me that I am roughly 2-3 weeks along, but that being said he gave me a due date of December 21st. Would that not mean I am closer to 8 weeks?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is strange. I'm 8 weeks due and early January ... Did you get a number for your HCG?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did he mean 2-3 weeks past ovulation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was very strange too as he did not give me too much information only that I am 2-3 weeks. He did tell me my levels were low which is why he guessed only 2-3 weeks. That has only left me more confused.
    I have made a appointment with him Wednesday so hopefully get some clearer answers from him then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They usually give your EDD based on your last period, so maybe your hcg levels didn't match up to your LMP.
    Your due date is just an estimate. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Go for a dating scan if you can in a few weeks, that will give you a better idea for EDD.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I get it. The due date is based off your last period but you are only 2-3 weeks. If you know when you ovulated then you can get your accurate due date.
    I had to lie and say my last period was a different date as I ovulated really late and drs don't listen and just go by your last period which isn't accurate in most women. You will be due in February sometime I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    if this helps? im due 19 dec and im 12 weeks...if your 8 weeks you would be due well after that....n if it is 2-3 weeks then yeah feb bub.hope you get some clarification soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Thank you all for your advice. I ended up getting a second opinion and I found out I am now 7 weeks. Due to the previous doctor giving me such off dates my new doctor is sending me off for a dating scan. I have my appointment next Tuesday, do I will keep you updated.

Thanks again