+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default E and TTC?? Q

    D
    Last edited by Bebedayz; 02-12-2013 at 15:39.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone? Thoughts appreciated!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,268
    Thanks
    848
    Thanked
    574
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm.. I don't suffer from Epilepsy but, I have crazy occipital neuralgia. Means I have to take Lyrica. Not sure if crosses over to similar meds as you?

    After speaking to the Neuro and doing a lot of research, I read thst it's recommended to stay on the meds if you're taking them for epilepsy and working out a plan with your dr.

    Hope things are going well for you?
    Are you worried about med contradictions?


    Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenOo View Post
    Hmm.. I don't suffer from Epilepsy but, I have crazy occipital neuralgia. Means I have to take Lyrica. Not sure if crosses over to similar meds as you?

    After speaking to the Neuro and doing a lot of research, I read thst it's recommended to stay on the meds if you're taking them for epilepsy and working out a plan with your dr.

    Hope things are going well for you?
    Are you worried about med contradictions?


    Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    yeh worried about the meds, plus how I would manage once the baby arrives.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bumping - anyone else?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hellloooooo????

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    I am epileptic, TTC- I am on lamotrigine and they will put me on a medication for tonic Lonic seizures ( even though I only have mild epilepsy) my normal meds only get rid of 80% of blank outs so the meds for tonic Lonic seizures will cover the other 20%. The good news is chances of the epilepsy passing through to the baby apparently is slim . I was shocked to hear that. They said they will have to up my dose but I am currently on the safest medication for pregnancy. You will need to get a doctor or neurologist to prescribe folate tablets as we need more than the average TTC or pregnant woman - like 10x the amount. I hope this helps a tiny bit- my neurologist didn't give me too much information as I am not pregnant yet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Youandmemake3 View Post
    I am epileptic, TTC- I am on lamotrigine and they will put me on a medication for tonic Lonic seizures ( even though I only have mild epilepsy) my normal meds only get rid of 80% of blank outs so the meds for tonic Lonic seizures will cover the other 20%. The good news is chances of the epilepsy passing through to the baby apparently is slim . I was shocked to hear that. They said they will have to up my dose but I am currently on the safest medication for pregnancy. You will need to get a doctor or neurologist to prescribe folate tablets as we need more than the average TTC or pregnant woman - like 10x the amount. I hope this helps a tiny bit- my neurologist didn't give me too much information as I am not pregnant yet.
    Thanks Youandme!! I'm TTC too. I take Megafol 5 (5mg folic acid) and and a prenatal vitamin. Good luck!!! Lets hope our journeys are smooth sailing..!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Any mums with epilepsy?
    By monnie24 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-05-2014, 19:56
  2. Epilepsy in Children
    By lovelymum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 23:11
  3. Epilepsy/ seizures
    By Mel2045 in forum Serious Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-07-2012, 18:07

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Be In Blossom
We offer physiotherapy run pregnancy Pilates, pregnancy Aerobics, and Mummy Pilates & Baby Massage classes with a focus on optimising posture, body awareness, pelvic floor support, back care and maintaining fitness, aiming to assist women prepare and recover from their birth.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!