+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know exactly how you feel. Later this year will be the 3 year mark of ttc for us & it is such a heartbreaking & difficult journey to be on. I agree with the previous post, ask DH to go with you to a doctors appt & that way they will suggest tests etc. That's exactly what I did & DH was fine with it.

Big hugs. I hope you get your BFP soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just wanted to offer my support. While I have been very lucky (and am grateful every day) that i fell pregnant reasonably quickly but at the time felt like it wasn't quick enough. I am a very structured organised and 'ducks in a row' kind of person so when all those ducks lined up i expected to fall straight away. Unfortunately for me due to work stress and wedding stress i missed a period, but this meant i thought i was pregnant (only to be receive a BFN). The important lesson for me was that i got far too caught up in the falling pregnant part that i was stressing myself out. It become my life, to the point where i was reseraching hormone levels at various parts of my cycle and getting more and more disappoointed and feeling like a failure. I even took steps to see a gyno and get myself and DH tested which contributed to this feeling of failure. Then I met with a friend who had taken such a relaxed approach to conception and decided to change my negative thinking into positive thoughts (appreciate that is easier said than done sometimes). A that time i also started acupunture and had my life go back to normal (ie enjoying drinks etc as i had stopped) As i said, i appreciate that i am extrememly lucky and can see how easy it is to get upset.. but please don't think you are a failure, you are not. It will happen when it's meant to... and it's never the timing that you expect.. it's when your body is ready (acupunture helped me with that) but my biggest advice would be to focus your mind on something else if you can.. book/plan a holiday or focus on your career. I had never been so obsessed or focused as i was on trying to become pregnant and i'm very much a career driven/motivated person so it says a bit. As soon as I changed my thought processes from negative to positive my life changed I have no doubt you will become a wonderful mum one day just try and enjoy the process and try to make sure that the 'falling pregnant' part brings you closer to your partner rather than tear you apart! try to look at it that way. I hope i have not offended or upset anyone but thought my experience may benefit someone out there

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kt1310 For This Useful Post:

poida84  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much kt. You have helped me put things into perspective

I have been stressing way too much and working 14 hour days doesn't help either.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poida, I don't have much to add than the brilliant women above have already added - but I hear you, and I feel your pain with you.

xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Loved Already For This Useful Post:

poida84  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really don't know what I would do without the support from you lovely ladies

Thank you all

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My pleasure any time you need that reality check contact me just try and enjoy the process what i didn't say above was that i used to get so down when doing pregnancy tests that i stopped doing them. Said i wouldn't do another until i was a least a week overdue. What i was doing was the ovulation tests and temping. but for me i found that exciting and i was inquisitive more than anything i used to get excited to see the LH surge haha, sad but true.
    But best advice is to take a step back. Getting a bit personal here but trying to DTD during ovulation put alot of pressure on my husband if you know what i mean and sometimes it just wouldn't happen and i would get frustrated thinking i was missing my opportunity. The month i fell pregnant i was convinced i couldn't possibly be because we had only DTD twice during the 4-5 day ovulation period... one of those times it just wasn't happening and i was getting frustrated (thinking about baby missing opportunity) and had to take a step back and apologise to him for putting pressure on him... it was at the moment that i thought this could tear us apart when it should be bringing us together. we're only going to DTD when it's right for both of us and it' s bringing us together.. as it should. As i say... i understand how easy it is to get so fixated on it all but i put up "think positive" signs on my work computer and my phone to constantly remind me to change my thinking... that's why i love your new think positive pic above awesome! I think you may surprise yourself when you focus on other things but i'm definitely no expert. But sounds like you are a workaholic like me also... maybe try acupunture as well if you can afford to (time or cost wise) You will be a wonderful mummy!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kt1310 For This Useful Post:

poida84  (31-05-2013)