+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Feeling like a failure

We are now onto month 8 of TTC and every time i get AF i feel like such a failure.

I just want to me a mum already

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know the feeling - its so frustrating. It took a year and a miscarriage to finally fall pregnant with DD. We've been TTC#2 for almost a year now and no luck - going to start IVF in July.

Have you and your partner considered getting some initial tests done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aw hugs Hun x I remember when I was at 8 month mark of TTC I hit a point where I was so devastated and felt pretty down and depressed. I took a bit if a break that month which revived me a bit. I ended up getting my positive at 12 months and it was a tough 12 months. Hang in there I really hope your bfp is around the corner! Sending you lots of baby dust xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poida I can sympathise, I just hit 12 months ttc
    It can be very upsetting at times and i work in childcare so im surrounded by children - with FOUR pregnant mums and three recently given birth and my room asissant is pregant (a surprise baby too)

I'm trying to look on the positive (pardon the pun) side. When we started, I was having 72 day cycles. Now clomid + accupuncture + chinese herb blends have got me down to a 31 day cycle last month.
    We are still struggling but I keep telling myself that I will have a baby, he or she is just not ready yet no matter how fast i want he or she to get here!
    Trying to think positve has helped a bit and im trying to stop obsessing ie- ive deleted my fertility app, stopped bbt charting months ago (it was doing my head in) and stopped checking cervical position and even mucus this month.

I hope some of this helps, i know it can be very devastating and we are all entitled to feel like **** from time to time xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had bloods done and ultrasound and all normal. DH hasn't been tested as I dont know how to ask him to get tests done without him thinking im thinking he might be the problem.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poida84 View Post
    I have had bloods done and ultrasound and all normal. DH hasn't been tested as I dont know how to ask him to get tests done without him thinking im thinking he might be the problem.........
    I know it's hard - guys never want to believe its them! In our case, we're lucky DH got checked (at my Drs insistence) as it turns out the issue is in fact on his side.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

poida84  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know the feeling.. We've TTC for 16 months now.. After 12 months we both had numerous tests ( and yes it took DH a couple months to do it) and I'm now seeing an amazing FS.. I've started acupuncture (love it!!) and am on clomid.. Looks like we'll start IVF around August.. Just stay positive.. Hang in there.. Hopefully we'll all get a BFP soon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

poida84  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. We are trying really hard to conceive naturally as we can't afford a FS or IVF.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big hugs. It took us just over 12 months and a m/c to get our sticky (fx it continues!) so there is still hope. We had all the tests and there was nothing wrong with either of us so it was just devastating month after month. You will get there! Xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

poida84  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    The one thing you aren't is a failure. Society has given us this idea that it is very easy to fall pregnant, but that just isn't true for a large number of people.

Get your DH to with you to the GP and then the GP can suggest tests for both of you and it won't look like it is coming from you.

Our issue was male factor and it did take DH a while to get his head around the whole idea.

While I wouldn't wish my journey on anyone, just remember that ttc is a marathon not a sprint and most people get a happy ending. Hang in there and stay strong for each other.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

RastaMouse  (28-05-2013)