Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd replace for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have that same tooth missing (and I'm obsessed about having great teeth), it is not noticeable at all. I might get it replaced eventually, but heard it costs more like $8k!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would definitely get it replaced. But, I have been blessed with very good teeth so I'd be pretty devo to lose one.

I went to a new dentist for a clean before my wedding and he mentioned something about 'oh that is just from when your had your orthodontics done'. I was like 'never had orthodontics mate'. He thought I didn't know what he was talking about and clarified 'oh orthodontics are the technical term for braces'
    Yeah, duh! I seriously never had them, had to work to convince him that my teeth were in their au naturale position and condition

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett View Post
    I've had that tooth on both sides removed ...the gaps can't be seen so I'm not going to get them replaced...can think of much better things to spend 4 grand on!
    I have one in the same spot missing. Can not be seen. And I am extremely vain lol. If it could be seen I would replace

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    3rd from the back? I just checked, you can't easily see that position... so I'd probably just leave it unless I found I was spending at awful lot of time poking my tongue in that gap (because I suspect I would do that all day every day... lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Dentists are so expensive! I grind my teeth and have done since i was a child. My front four top theeth are basically shattered and i have bits of the tooth falling out (like a puzzle so a small piece will fall out from the middle etc).
    I have been to lots of dentists, have private health (with major dental) and even after all that, for me to get my teeth replaced it is $7500 i will be out of pocket.
    No way i will ever be able to afford that so i shell out to get them filled when they get bad and i guess i have trained myself to talk and smile without showing my teeth.
    Dont understand why dentists are so expensive - it sucks. If i had another tooth removed i dont think i would replace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Am I the only one bursting to know more about this popcorn incident?
    Well... I had my three kids here plus a friend's two girls - we'd had a play, been creative with some playdough and planned to settle down to watch ABC2 with a bowl of delicious sweet and salty popcorn for morning tea. You know how you get kernels stuck in your teeth and dig at them with your tongue? - I was doing that and felt half a tooth GONE!!!!! My heart almost stopped and I RAN to the bathroom, before severe hyperventilation set in I called my MIL to come and watch the kids (friend was at a job) - got in to the dentist for an emergency appointment. While I was waiting for the MIL to come over I called my mum in tears - she laughed at me. and considered it some form of payback/rite of passage, as she had broken her tooth gnawing on a chop bone - "pregnancy and breast feeding will do that to ya love".
    I couldn't look at my three beautiful, innocent kids without thinking, 'What have you done to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!'.
    So, the remainder of the tooth was pulled, [was offered a root canal, but encourage to have it out]. ..I managed to drive home from the dentist surgery safely, even though I was trembling with shock. MIL opened the door when I arrived home and instantly I broke down [wow!] - she packed up my kids and took them for a sleep over so I could pop pain killers and wallow in my self pity for the rest of the night.
    (pretty sure I had a whinge about it on BH that night :P)

So, yeh - there you go - drama plus!!

Cheers for all the replies - it is amazing to see the number of people who have lost the same tooth!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (28-05-2013),lambjam  (28-05-2013),SassyMummy  (28-05-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's dreadful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would replace for two reasons 1) vanity 2) I imagine it would awkward eating with a missing molar.
    I did chip that tooth and it devastated me. Luckily it was able to be fixed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I never replaced mine and you can't even notice it mine is second tooth from the back and that's not including wisdom tooth I don't have one there so not sure if yours is the same tooth but I wouldn't spend that much on a tooth unless it was my front tooth.