+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd just leave it
    If its not going to cause any troubles and you can't see it, what's the point?

I'm missing my 4 bottom teeth at the front iv had quotes from 18-20k to fix... ill never get them fixed - my patents were/are more than happy to pay but It's been like that my entire life, doesn't cause me any trouble and you can't even tell their missing - if I don't tell people they won't ever know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why is dental so expensive??Its crazy!! I had to have 4 molars out when I got a plate when I was 14 and now my wisdom teeth have taken their place lol.I have a molar with a hole and a chunk missing but am leaving it coz I cant justify the cost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my second from the back removed a few years ago after a root canel went bad, doesn't bother me now, strange not having a tooth but no ones picked up on it so Im leaving it.

But if it was more noticeable, yes I would replace it in an instance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as it wasn't going to ruin my jaw/other teeth, I wouldn't replace it. About half of my second from the back molar fell out during pregnancy and I'm not going to bother replacing it. If it was a visible tooth I probably would, but I have no idea how we'd afford it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i would. You cN see that tooth when i smile so i think id be uncomfortable knowing it can be seen. Can You see yours when you smile?? Its personal choice really, so it depends on how you feel and whether or not it would affect your daily life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 bottom molars, side by side, were removed over 30 years ago (mmmm school dentist) and l've never had any trouble with eating or the exposed gum. Once at a routine visit, my dentist did give me a quote to replace them.......after l picked myself up off the floor........l politely declined. If it is not bothering you and not noticeable, l wouldn't replace it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had my right side bottom molar 3rd from the back removed and no one would ever know......... sssshhhh.

It doesn't bother me, the only problem I have ever had is getting the occasional macadamia nut stuck in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also to add something important.. If your planning a trip to Bali or Thailand or Kuala Lumpur etc how about getting it replaced there? I have a friend who gets all her dental done while in Bali. So many people on forums have also raved about one particular dentist over there and get work done for half the price.
    A work colleague went to kl to get something done i forget what but she said including the flights and Accom it was wayyyy cheaper

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had that tooth on both sides removed ...the gaps can't be seen so I'm not going to get them replaced...can think of much better things to spend 4 grand on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will third the Thailand dentist idea...boob job while your there! lol for 4k you can have new boobs...bugger the tooth!!!

I have my 2nd from the back molar taken out as I was not paying for a root canal on a tooth that was so destroyed. I don't notice it and no one else does. I would fix any at the front. My mum has the one you are talking about missing, I notice it sometimes but only when she is laughing really hard!! lol I think if the rest of the teeth are nice it wouldn't be to bogan!