+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had that tooth removed a few years back & it never occurred to me to replace it. It can't be seen and I've had no problems with it since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    Hands up those who felt their teeth with tongue to find which was 3rd from the back
    *Awkward shuffle..*

Anyway, I wouldn't worry. Embrace the inner bogan! Although if you eat on that particular side I probably would. I mainly eat on the right side of my jaw so if I lost any teeth then it would feel really strange for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've got that one removed, I didn't get the implant because I tend to get infections after any kind of operation or procedure due to a crap immune system. No one has ever noticed it, I smile big but not a wide kind of smile. I'd get it replaced if you could tell. but I wouldn't bother if you cant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The tooth was pulled ages ago so all healed up now and I had become to feel comfortable with just having the gap...but, went for a scale and clean today, was expecting to be told off for the state of my teeth, but he said I really have nothing to worry about, good mouthful of teeth - 'it's just a shame that there is the gap'. Apparently it can put pressure on the other teeth (performing the duty of mastication I assume)... and he was concerned about some food damaging the gum.

"I" can see it - but I doubt others can, unless I laugh waaaay too big or give that little side grimace.

I have the quote in my handbag, and PH cover 'some' of it -- but there is just sooooo many other things I could do with $4000.
    (my latest bathroom renovation cost less than that! )

I'm not really looking for advice .. ...just wondering what others would do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    Hands up those who felt their teeth with tongue to find which was 3rd from the back
    It would depend on everyones own mouth too I think I had overcrowding as a teen so had 4 molars removed. where most have 2 pre molars - I have one.
    So not the one behind the canine, but the one behind that is where the gap is.

*get your tongue going again!*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it bad I'm kinda relieved that others in here also have that tooth removed. When I read the op I was like oh yep I'm the bogan who has had that tooth pulled and no implant. No one can see it I don't think. Not ever been mentioned, and there's no way I could afford $4000 for an implant anyway.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (27-05-2013),Twoalready  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had it removed on both sides (poor uni student at the time, couldn't afford root canal), never even considered replacing them

Busy Baking my rainbow, due July 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd get it replaced. I'd be far too self conscious every time I laughed.
    ETA if I couldn't afford it and a plate with a tooth attached was an option, I'd go that instead. But I'd need something in the gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weird I have a root canal in that tooth. I'd not worry . It's a back tooth. Spend the $4k on something else

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Twoalready  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd get a few more quotes/options...but yes, I'd replace it.