+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Traveler!

Sure is quiet in here. How are your DS & DD going? Must be so grown up!

DD is 14 months now and going great. We are about to start our first cycle TTC #2. I'm repeating the Dr M protocol that worked last time and using a CGH frostie from our 2013 banking cycle. FET should be around Jul 30/31. Here's hoping it will be much easier 2nd time around

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck Simpson!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi-hi again. Just popped back on to see if the Sydney girls were still going. Happy to see some success stories. Sorry to see some that I knew still TTC .
    I'm not TTC again myself, but have a friend who's just about to start down a journey that's likely to lead to assisted reproduction.

I won't be on much, but while I'm here thought I might give an update.
    I don't know if you remember how 2012 was quite a bad year for me. Between BFP and 6wk scan my grandmother broke her hip, then had a stroke after the surgery. Then DH went to ICU for 7 or so weeks. While he was on a ventilator my grandmother died. Then I got pre-eclampsia, so DS and DD were delivered 1 month early and spent 2 weeks in special care nursery. I haemorrhaged during C-section and received 3 units of blood. I spent 36 hours in the HDU on a magnesium drip for the pre-eclampsia hyper-reflexia (to prevent eclampsia seizures). I never managed to make enough breast milk to BF exclusively - at 2 weeks I could only get 2 mL of colostrum every 3 hours - but I persisted with offering the breast until 3 months, and expressed until 4 months - trying to be supermum. To finish off the year, FIL died.
    Well, in 2013 the twins and I went to hospital for post-natal depression and anxiety. While supported by medication I've put in place the strategies I need to stay mentally well. I've been off anti-anxiety meds since December last year, and I'm hopeful that my doctor will start tapering my anti-depressants at my next appointment in September. Things are going really well now. we're looking at attending preschool in 2016. I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight last month.
    Got to go, kids need me to sit next to them right now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh @felicita I wasn't on the thread when you were cycling, but gosh you have had a bad run of it! I am so glad you sought help for your PND and are on the mend. I hope the rest of 2015 continues to get better and 2016 is the beginning of a new chapter of happiness and contentment.

Thank you so much for updating, we always hear the good news stories and we all need to hear the realities of how hard motherhood can be, but it sounds like you are doing an amazing job xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @traveler
    How are you and your little ones? @felicita I'm sorry to read you have had such a rough time. I hope things are still improving for you now. Incase you check back in I want to let you know that I used Dr Rizvi on your recommendation as my OB for DD (recently turned 2yrs) and went back to her with my DS pregnancy (he's 6mths). She was great...as things turned out Dr Parry ended up delivering both bubs (one emergency cs and then cs while dr r was on holidays) but I loved dr Rizvi and thank you for suggesting her.
    Also thanks or being honest about your PND. It's important for people
    To realise that no matter how longed for our babies are, it isn't always sunshine and roses when they finally arrive. Best wishes to you.
    Hi @SimpsonDesert all the best for your fet xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick drop in to say that my waters broke this morning at 2.15am. I had no pains until about half an hour later on the way to the hospital. At the hospital they hooked me up for monitoring and promptly told me my pains were contractions.... very surprised as they just seemed like period pains??? The contractions started at 2 minutes apart, then 5 mins, then 15 mins, then 30mins, then stopped!! Go figure!! Trust my body to do the opposite of what it's meant to.

Spent most of the day waiting for my ob to show up, who told us his plan - if baby girl doesn't come naturally overnight, then it's a c-section tomorrow (Mon) afternoon. He said, since my waters have broken, that it's too risky to give me the drugs for an induction for a natural birth. So she'll be born one way or other tomorrow at 36w 4d - bit earlier than we were expecting, but there you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie - ohhhhhh such exciting news!!! I bet you can't wait to meet your little princess!!! I hope things pick up over night & you're holding her in no time!!! Can't wait for an update! Wishing you an amazing painfree labour - no matter how she's delivered!
    @Chiefsgirl - I may or may not have just seen a BFP on another thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my goodness sweety I am SO happy for you!!! Massive congratulations sent your way!!! Update us when you can!!
    @Bella978 - hope you're doing great with your beautiful little DD & DS!!
    @felicita - I think about you often & wonder how you're going with DS & DD. Thanks for your update - you really have had such a rough time over the last couple of years & I really hope things start improving for your whole family! So sorry for everything you've been through xx
    @nattie84 - how are things going with you?
    @SimpsonDesert - best of luck for your cycle!! Fingers crossed for a BFP & a beautiful little sibling for DD!
    @traveler - how are you doing hun? How are DS & DD? Growing way too fast I'm sure!

Hi to all the other ladies who pop in!!!

Xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeHasCome For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (03-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TheTimeHasCome yes I finally got a bfp on a hpt! Bt this morning at 13dpo so we shall see what the numbers say.

I went to Hawaii for donor eggs and had a bit of a miracle, we had 60 eggs, 50 mature, 40 fertilize, 2 transferee and 18 embryo's frozen.

I just hope it's sticky! The frer line seemed lighter this morning, even though the digital said 1-2 weeks🙏

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you @Chiefsgirl
    Umm that many eggs!!! How amazing!!! (And a trip to Hawaii! ! Hehe can't complain with that!)

I'm hoping for some great numbers for you today!!!! This has to be it!!! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hcg is 232 and p4 is 146 I'm 13dpo or 8dp5dt!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (03-08-2015),SimpsonDesert  (17-08-2015)