+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @traveler

I can't believe it either! We went from being told we may not have children to having 2 in 19mth! Crazy! I got the shock of my life when I got the BFP on a hpt, that's for sure! We haven't found out the sex this time but I'm feeling another girl...

I can't believe your ds is starting school! Where did that time go?

Do you have any frosties left or would it be a full stim cycle if you were to go again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TTHC I am feeling 95% better now but I don't think I'll ever be 100% again with chasing after a very active 18 month old 😁
    I can't believe DS2 is already toilet trained at 22 months!!! What a little legend.
    @bella wow you are so on the home stretch now.. Are you going to be induced earlier again ?
    @traveler, wow your boy is growing up !!!!
    you cannot say you have NO right to feel sorrow about not trying for a third. Whether we are TTC 1 or TTC 3 the feelings of grief and anxiety are still the same when a you want is a baby😞. I agree it's a hard decision to try ivf again especially now with a family to consider-- even though I want baby no2. I know I don't have the emotional and financial strength to cycle forever to get a BFP. Neither does my DH who is more apprehensive about the ivf roller coaster than me.
    I think if No2 doesn't eventuate we will accept that we have 1 gorgeous son who we cherish every day. A second will be a bonus .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-01-2015),SimpsonDesert  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

I'm still lurking around and reading everyone's post. Congrats to everyone with the bubs on the way. DP & I have been having a break, towards the end of last year we saw Dr M and DP had the biopsy which showed Mild NKC CD 56 is what he said i think. So we went away with that information to process.

On Tuesday I bought the DHEA which was prescribed to DP and a few other vitamins etc that Dr M wants her on, min 2 months he said then when we start the new cycle with the clinic we will do his protocol as well. I think this is our last go. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello hello

Hello lovelies! Long time no speak! Some familiar names on here I see..

MCG Bertie- Let me start with MCG Bertie OMFG CONGRATULATIONS BABE!!!!!!! So happy for you!!! So many What have you done differently this time? After all this IVF and IUI did the trick!!!?? Amazing!

Simpson – hello hello, how are you going babe?

Traveller – hello hello, how are you going babe?

Nothing really new here to report…. Decided almost 12 months ago now that we wouldn’t do anymore IVF again and those stupid crappy immune drugs, just been focusing on getting fit and healthy again and seeing the naturopath to see if we can reduce these NK cells naturally, haven’t had them retested yet so I will keep you posted on that. Looked into international adoption… what a joke that is oh well hoping for our little miracle this year!

Hope everyone else is well! xo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie: yeah we looked into international adoption also, i agree its a joke. So many kids that need help yet they will only select up to 4 applications so its pot luck. Barnardos do foster to adopt which we have looked into but you need to be finished with IVF before signing up. If this cycle fails, that will be our next step

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie... thanks so much. Yes, crazy that the IUI worked and 12 cycles of IVF didn't!! Sperm was definitely our issue, and my old eggs turned out not to be!! What did I do differently:
    - I didn't do acupuncture
    - I didn't eat pineapple core
    - I didn't have an endo biopsy scratch
    - I didn't think it would work
    What do I think made the difference:
    - no transfer, meant my uterus didn't go into a spasm and eject the thing straight away
    - build up of serious immune drugs - Neupogen and IVIG/Intrallipid infusions, as cycles #11 + #12 I registered my first ever Hcg levels of 3 and 5
    - the anon donor sperm we used for the IUI, I found out has better thaw and stronger swimmers, than anon donor sperm that is only classed as for ICSI!! If I'd known that before, I would have only chosen IUI/ICSI donor sperm for my IVF cycles, and not ones that said just ICSI!!

But when I asked my FS why the IUI worked, and not 12 cycles of IVF, he just said, "well, for someone who's tried as many times as you have, it was bound to work." Very scientific there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingerscrossed - I sent you a private message

MGC - I am so excited for you!!! who would have thought it? Yeah with us we can't be sure whether our issue is my eggs or implantation and immune issues so we didn't bother going down the donor route. Can you PM me explaining what your husbands sperm issue was? We had minor sperm issues but I don't think that was our issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie... don't need to PM you, as I've said plenty of times here on Bubhub about my poor DH's sperm. He's classed as azoospermic, particularly because of maturation arrest, basically the sperm only grow to a certain stage. One or two sperm, every now and then grow to be mature or almost mature, and with various invasive procedures we extracted 1 or 2 of these sperm to use in the early cycles of ICSI, but they either didn't fertilise or the embryo didn't grow past a couple of days. We had to change clinics to one that had anonymous donor sperm, and went to use donor sperm on cycle 4, primarily because they wouldn't let us use it as back-up on cycle 3, as at the time it was unheard of trying with own sperm and having donor sperm as back-up - we pushed this case, and now that's standard practice, so if nothing else, I'm secretly pleased that we changed the course of IVF cycles for everyone in the future!

My DH was quite at terms about not using his sperm, as he said that he always thought that it may be the case, as he'd had major surgery when he was a teenager, and they pumped him full of steroids etc, and later thought that that was probably not good for a teenager. So he'd had many years already to think about it and come to terms about it, whereas it was a shock for me and my "perfect family dream".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Nattie... don't need to PM you, as I've said plenty of times here on Bubhub about my poor DH's sperm. He's classed as azoospermic, particularly because of maturation arrest, basically the sperm only grow to a certain stage. One or two sperm, every now and then grow to be mature or almost mature, and with various invasive procedures we extracted 1 or 2 of these sperm to use in the early cycles of ICSI, but they either didn't fertilise or the embryo didn't grow past a couple of days. We had to change clinics to one that had anonymous donor sperm, and went to use donor sperm on cycle 4, primarily because they wouldn't let us use it as back-up on cycle 3, as at the time it was unheard of trying with own sperm and having donor sperm as back-up - we pushed this case, and now that's standard practice, so if nothing else, I'm secretly pleased that we changed the course of IVF cycles for everyone in the future!

My DH was quite at terms about not using his sperm, as he said that he always thought that it may be the case, as he'd had major surgery when he was a teenager, and they pumped him full of steroids etc, and later thought that that was probably not good for a teenager. So he'd had many years already to think about it and come to terms about it, whereas it was a shock for me and my "perfect family dream".
    thanks for the info babe... sorry you had to explain probably for the 1,000th time on here...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update from me ladies - baby #2 arrived last week and it's a boy! My 'feeling' was wrong He is beautiful and DD is coping well in her new role as big sis.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Fingerscrossd11  (10-02-2015),MGC Bertie  (07-02-2015),SimpsonDesert  (25-02-2015),TheTimeHasCome  (07-02-2015)