+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick update.... after stressing myself to beyond nervousness, the bub was there plain to see on my first scan today. In fact, DH was so excited and kept babbling and babbling to the doctor, and eventually I had to tell him to be quiet for a while so the doctor could do his thing and take measurements. Quite clear to see the sac, the little fuzzy bean-shaped blob measured 15.33mm, and the heartbeat flickering away brightly. I asked the doctor what the heartbeat rate was, but he's just a temp (as my FS is away), but he said it's definitely over 100bpm as he could tell by how fast it was flickering. They're taking my EDD from 14 days before IUI, as opposed to day 1 of AF, so my adjusted EDD is now 27/8/15 and today makes 7w5d, even though on the scan bub is measuring 7w6d.

I was expecting to cry, be emotional and had told DH he would need to hold my hand, but strangely I didn't feel like that at all - it was kind of like an out-of-body experience, rather weird. Very relieved and happy, to say the least, but I so wasn't expecting to feel sort of removed from it. I think it just still doesn't feel real :-))

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (14-01-2015),Lillac  (14-01-2015),SimpsonDesert  (13-01-2015),TheTimeHasCome  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC - such exciting news!!!! Congratulations on having a perfect little heart beating in there! Seeing that heartbeat for the first time is something extraordinary isn't it!?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeHasCome For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC woo-hoo!!! Massive congrats!! You'll never forget the moment you first saw the heartbeat, such a special event and a major milestone. Love your DHs reaction, so sweet. It will start feeling real for you eventually, although somedays it still doesn't feel real for me and DD is 8 months old!

So happy for you and glad you're sorted with Dr M being your OB too

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2015),TheTimeHasCome  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A big Hello to TTHC, Peonies, Traveler, Lillac, & Bella! I know we don't chat much in here anymore but it's nice to see you're still around . Hope you and your families are all well xo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

TheTimeHasCome  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Bertie, that's such wonderful and well-deserved news. Yes it's all a bit surreal when it's happening to you and perhaps hard to believe it at first. However hopefully the wonderful feelings will sink in soon and you can enjoy it. The nervousness and stress never wen away for me...I think it's all part of infertility that we can never just relax and be a normal happy pregnant woman!!
    @SimpsonDesert I hope you are well. Yes I find it harder coming on here to update but I should give one:

TTC#2 I had a fairly disappointing ICSI cycle in Nov where I only ended up with 1 decent blastocyst to transfer and then a bfn. I was really upset and how badly it all went, lower number of eggs, poor fertilisation and then bad quality embryos. None to freeze.

I regret doing it now as it turns out I was very sick at the time with whooping cough and I didn't even know!!!! (Long story😫)

So now I've just seen FS again and had a pelvic ultrasound and I think I may have another ICSI cycle in March using Menopur instead of Elonva.

Anyone else cycling soon?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (14-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-01-2015),SimpsonDesert  (14-01-2015),TheTimeHasCome  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SD! I will try and post in here a little more often.. the thread really is quiet!! MGC is the only one keeping it going! It's true what you say about still not feeling real.. 4 years later & some days I'm still like 'wtf you're both mine!!!??' Have you & DH started discussing if you wanted another? Or still just gushing over your amazing little princess??

Lillac- woah I didn't realise you had whooping cough! Are you 100% now after your ordeal!? March is only around the corner & I have my fingers tightly crossed for an amazingly successful cycle!!!

AFM- the boys are growing way too fast if you ask me! DS1 is 4 & DS2 is 22months. DS2 is now toilet trained & seems like such a big boy, not my baby any more!! I'm already drowned in play dates, swimming, extra curricula activities hehe seems like every day there's something on! Definitely keeping me busy!!!

Hope to see some more update from all the ladies here!! Xx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheTimeHasCome For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (14-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-01-2015),SimpsonDesert  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TheTimeHasCome..... DH has made it really clear that this is the only one. After three years of doing IVF, 13 cycles, $150,000 OOP will be spent by the time this baby is here (combination of IVF costs and expensive immune costs), plus all the mental anguish, I really know that I should agree with him. A little part of me would like to try again, but I just don't know that I could summon up the effort. We would never do IVF again, perhaps try IUI, but by that time I'll be even older still. Perhaps go to SA for young donor eggs, but to be honest, I'm thinking of just adopting / fostering, or really, just being happy and spoiling the one :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC - In all honesty, I don't think there is anything wrong with having an only child. My bestie is an only child. My mum is an only child. They are both the most amazing people I know. (All your other options adopting/fostering are also great!). The money spent, the years spent, the heartache to get you here is mind blowing when you look back like that isn't it. You have come so far & I am so happy for you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeHasCome For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie that is such great news that all went well at your scan. I never cried at mine either, even though I was sure I would! Once I knew there was a heart beat DH & I both burst out laughing (sheer relief?!) and Fs had to tell me to calm down as dildo cam was shaking around too much lol

Love hearing the updates. I can't remember if I ever posted in here or just on the immune thread but I am pregnant with #2! Very pregnant actually, 36wks!!! It was a natural conception, and a total shock to us after almost 5yrs to conceive DD. I still took immune meds once I found out and all looks good for an early Feb arrival. DD is 18mths old now and is an absolute joy every day. Her grandparents (my in laws) fly in from overseas next week and will be here when bub 2 arrives. DH is beyond excited, we haven't seen them for over a year.

Hope you are all well xxx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talk about relief!!! I'm so happy for you MGC !!!! With my first two pregnancies I was way too relaxed in the ultrasound. That quickly changed when the second was bad news. So with DD I was a nervous wreck!!!! I couldn't look at the screen and I must have mentally blocked everything out cos seriously all I remember saying is "I can't look".

Bella!!! I had no idea!!!! I can't believe it!! Congratulations!!! Do you know what bubby 2 is?

Afm: DS is starting school this year. He is such a lovely little boy, so gentle and kind. So I dread him going off and changing iykwim. DD is 2 in a couple of weeks and is a bit of a wild one, but very affectionate (when she wants to be). I love them both to pieces and am so incredibly thankful for them but I so desperately want one more. DH was so kind and agreed to one last cycle "if I was that desperate", but I don't think I can put my family and myself through it. It's just too hard and such a sacrifice considering I have two beautiful children already. So I pray every month for a miracle, and I don't allow myself to get upset because deep down I know it will never happen (even though there is nothing technically wrong with us)
    So that is why I have been quiet on here. I feel terrible for being envious of people cycling for a baby. I have NO right to be at all. But I am so happy for everyone who have fought so hard to get their well deserved babies.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (14-01-2015),MGC Bertie  (14-01-2015),SimpsonDesert  (19-01-2015)