+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crofty View Post
    Good luck Nattie - no I've never experienced ohss (never enough eggs!!!) hope your symptoms ease up and if not seek the help you need!!! Xo
    I don't think it always relates to egg numbers. I have had it twice now and last time I had only 14 eggs and 16 this time. The nurses said my oestrogen levels were 13,000 which is meant to be rather high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all.

Well i had my ultrasound done to see what eggs i have at any time of my cycles.

Couple of follies in right, could be a few in the left but it was playing peek a boo behind my bowel

So she went back from on top but couldn't get a clear defined look. I have the scans, but not the report yet as their computer system was done.

She said that I would probably have to have some stimulating drugs which I replied that's fine. I got a very weird look then lol

BT's are next on the agenda

Don't see my FS til June 24th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

Just popping in to say hello. Hope everyone is going well. Nothing to report here...on the final countdown - latest possible induction date is June 19 as OB won't let me go past 39 weeks. Bub's growth has slowed a bit (thankfully) - she is back in the 60th percentile, not the 92nd like last scan! They are estimating a birth weight of 3.5kg (how they do that I have no idea!). Mat leave has been wonderful so far. I have time to get things organised and we are pretty much ready for the the big arrival!

Have a great week

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I have been away for so long, not even hovering (forget the name when you look but don't post). Just couldn't cope with my obsession of TTC and all that goes with it.

I think b/c I saw a UTD friend yesterdayI decided to pop on and I'm so excited to see more BFP's.

Peonies That is awesome news, all your patience paid off and your instincts were right that you didn't need ivf afterall. So happy for you!

Congratulations Crofty - another well deserving lady getting some wonderful news

Hi to everyone else it's to overwhelming to catch up on 4 mnths of news but I am inspired and happy for all of your journeys and for everyone waiting on tests, scans etc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nessika For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessika View Post
    Hi Ladies

I have been away for so long, not even hovering (forget the name when you look but don't post). Just couldn't cope with my obsession of TTC and all that goes with it.

I think b/c I saw a UTD friend yesterdayI decided to pop on and I'm so excited to see more BFP's.

Peonies That is awesome news, all your patience paid off and your instincts were right that you didn't need ivf afterall. So happy for you!

Congratulations Crofty - another well deserving lady getting some wonderful news

Hi to everyone else it's to overwhelming to catch up on 4 mnths of news but I am inspired and happy for all of your journeys and for everyone waiting on tests, scans etc
    Good news fingers crossed!!!

Bella- glad your little princess has slowed down

Thx nessika I like the"hovering" term, doesn't sound as devious as "lurking" lol have you and DH made any decisions yet on whether you're going to do another cycle????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nessika!

Did you mean "stalking"?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Have been MIA lately, back at work and feeling like I never have any time.

Just wanted to say WOOOOHOOOO Crofty - so so happy for your long awaited BFP!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to quartz For This Useful Post:

crofty  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella978... it's so good to read about your IVF success story is nearly here. It sure gives us long-term IVFers some hope that it's going to happen soon :-)) Good luck.

AFM.... we had our consult with our FS last week, and discussed a whole page of questions I'd had written down for him!! In the end we've planned our next cycle, and surprisingly are not going with the long, down-reg cycle, but going with a shorter cycle, as I had the most eggs on a short cycle, so the FS is keen to try that. We're going to stick with Menopur, as FS adamant that it really is the best for egg quality. We discussed using DHEA, but FS said he prefers testosterone gel that you rub in the back of your hand, so I'm giving that a go for four weeks before starting the next cycle at the beginning of July. I am happy to be doing some different things this time, in order to hopefully get a BFP next time. Interestingly, I asked about successes others have had with the same donor sperm as us - apparently three others have used it once each, but all BFN. FS said too early to discount it after just 4 tries (once for each of us), but I think it will be a question I'll raise again if the next cycle is a BFN too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC - that sounds like a great plan. I was definitely of the understanding that antagonist cycles are better than long down-reg for "more mature" ladies. The down reg can suppress too much.
    Also, do keep that thought about the donor sperm in the back of your mind. It was something I raised with my FS after my m/c and then again after the next stim cycle resulted in BFN (and then the subsequent FET did too). FS dismissed it entirely at the time. But when I ended up speaking to Kirsty many months later, about our place on the list, I asked her out of curiosity if that donor had had any other pregnancies (knew he didn't have any kids of his own). She had a look and the answer was no. Several people had used him, but the only pregnancy was mine that had resulted in a m/c at 7 weeks. It did make Kirsty think too, and she said she'd be keeping an eye on him - she has pulled donors off the list before when they haven't had success after a while, because she said they don't run a full complement of tests to check for quality. I did tell FS that the next time we spoke to him, and I think it made him go "hmmm" a bit more then. And now that I've fallen pregnant naturally (well, just AI at home) on the 5th attempt with our known donor, I think he might be wondering now if it wasn't some sperm fragmentation. There is no denying the fact that older eggs are a factor, but I reckon sperm can play a bigger part than they sometimes give it credit for. They're very quick to blame eggs - I think if both have problems then it's really difficult, but strong sperm can help "carry" eggs that aren't the greatest and vice versa. But that's just my thought & I'm no expert!

Sorry for the ramble.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    MGC - that sounds like a great plan. I was definitely of the understanding that antagonist cycles are better than long down-reg for "more mature" ladies. The down reg can suppress too much.
    Also, do keep that thought about the donor sperm in the back of your mind. It was something I raised with my FS after my m/c and then again after the next stim cycle resulted in BFN (and then the subsequent FET did too). FS dismissed it entirely at the time. But when I ended up speaking to Kirsty many months later, about our place on the list, I asked her out of curiosity if that donor had had any other pregnancies (knew he didn't have any kids of his own). She had a look and the answer was no. Several people had used him, but the only pregnancy was mine that had resulted in a m/c at 7 weeks. It did make Kirsty think too, and she said she'd be keeping an eye on him - she has pulled donors off the list before when they haven't had success after a while, because she said they don't run a full complement of tests to check for quality. I did tell FS that the next time we spoke to him, and I think it made him go "hmmm" a bit more then. And now that I've fallen pregnant naturally (well, just AI at home) on the 5th attempt with our known donor, I think he might be wondering now if it wasn't some sperm fragmentation. There is no denying the fact that older eggs are a factor, but I reckon sperm can play a bigger part than they sometimes give it credit for. They're very quick to blame eggs - I think if both have problems then it's really difficult, but strong sperm can help "carry" eggs that aren't the greatest and vice versa. But that's just my thought & I'm no expert!

Sorry for the ramble.

I cannot believe that they don't test donor sperm why an effing joke that is! It's just another example of how they continue to take our money and do not care that a) it's alot of money and b) how you have to basically put your life on hold for a cycle.

It makes me furious!

end rant lol