+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Bertie that is simply amazing news! Wow wow wow is all I can say x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC this is the best news ever!!! Congratulations!!! I love a good Christmas miracle story!!!! I hope and pray that this little one will be joining your family in nine months time. And when I fell pregnant with DD I too was sure it wouldn't work an threw away the ivf trademarks like pineapple, acu etc, I was drinking wine, eating salmon and so much fast food it was ridiculous!!

So happy for you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC - such fantastic news! I am SO happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! You deserve this amazing early xmas pressie!! Hoping next Christmas you are celebrating with a gorgeous little 4 month old!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeHasCome For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Peonies... I'm so glad that Simpson knows how to tag people, as I'm not that skilled :-)) Your post has brought tears to my eyes, as really you helped me so much, giving me so much valuable advice, particularly in my first year. I can't believe your DS is already one, how absolutely wonderful. I think Prof I seemed just as shocked on the phone as I was, as really he was just letting me do it, for my own peace of mind. I don't think anyone, me included really believed it would work, but there you go. Yes, still a long way to go, but over the biggest hurdle (for me, I think!)

Traveler... lol, I loved that you too ignored all those "don't do when pregnant" things. In the last two days, since finding out, I have stopped eating unnecessary chocolate and soft cheeses, but I did eat three prawns today - but I looked them up, and it says, if you buy fresh prawns and cook them yourself it's fine - just don't eat reheated prawns and prawns in warmed food, like Chinese, so I think I won't go too strict with those type of things.

Thanks everyone else... Bella, Lilac and TimeHasCome. I go for my second BT tomorrow, but couldn't hold out anymore, so went and bought another box of HPTs, and checked this morning (17dpo) to make sure I was still pregnant, which I am. I'm hoping that I can make it more than two days before peeing on the next stick, otherwise I'm going to become an addict!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (22-12-2014),SimpsonDesert  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Bertie... OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

xxxxxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stalking for BT update.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also can I just check Bertie? Last week you said you were 19dpo, but today you said you're 17dpo. Was one a typo?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies, yes, sorry I think the typo was the date 19/12 as opposed to 19dpo:
    - I had the IUI on 4 Dec
    - first blood test was last Friday 19/12, so 15dpo = Hcg 155, prog 150
    - second blood test was today, Monday 22/12, so 18dpo = Hcg 780, prog 150 (well, that's what he said when I asked him, seems strange to be still exactly the same)

My calculations for doubling every 48hrs, made it 465 for 18dpo, but 780 is much better. My FS says he doesn't want to see me back until the heartbeat scan in 2-3 weeks. I kind of agreed, but now beginning to wonder if I'm going to stay sane and hold out for that length of time. Will POAS every couple of days give me the knowledge that I'm still pregnant, or should I push for another BT in a week?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (23-12-2014),SimpsonDesert  (22-12-2014),TheTimeHasCome  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo-hoo @MGC Bertie!! Fantastic doubling rate and nice strong levels. Congrats! :-D

I had weekly BTs until the 7wk scan. It helped keep me reassured that all was well. If you can hold out then go for it, but it is the longest 3wks of your life! I wouldn't bother with POAS unless you're addicted to seeing those 2 beautiful lines hehe.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that makes much more sense & what a wonderful result! Woo hoo!!! So pleased for you.

The wait for the scan is the worst 2ww, worse than the first one! If it were me, I'd insist on 1 more BT for peace of mind. And use the Clearblue digi pee sticks too!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-12-2014)