+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catemer View Post
    @Chiefsgirl
    Thanks so much. It was such an emotional roller coaster. Also amazed at how the clinic could recommend a d&c without high res scan first. And the fact that they totally missed the second sac.

Although you've got them around the wrong way. Blob has been absorbed. Glob lives to fight another day!

Thanks again. Despite the initial tumultuous time, we are now elated.
    And Dp's gest diabetes is now under control so it's all looking good!
    Hahahahaha, sorry! I'd had a cpl of rums last nite commiserating a failed fet so no wonder I was confused!

I kinda like the name glob, we always put back two and call them bob and bobette!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catemer View Post
    Scan last Wednesday was very emotional. The
    previous scan showed 1 sac only.
    We went to the IVF clinic for the 7 week scan where they probed dp and then said "hmmmm I can't tell if this flicker is just my machine or if its a heartbeat. But it's a bit small and there looks to be a bit of bleeding down near the cervix. So it's up to you. You can either let nature take its course of have a D&C, and if you really want, a high res scan to see if they can see what went wrong". Blood results came back with BHCG of 10,530.
    We were devastated. Thank goodness for dr M. We already had a high res scan booked for him for the Thursday. So we phoned him. Told Gwyneth what the IVF clinic had said and asked what we should do. Dr M said get the scan done and increase the P4 to 3 times a day, with follow up bloods on Monday just gone.
    So Thursday morning we go in for the scan and we told the sonographer what we had been told the day before and that it was ok if she didn't see a heartbeat.
    Well... She says ill just take a few measurements and then tell you what I think is happening. She seemed to be focusing on the area of "bleeding" a lot. So she takes measurements and them says "So... There's actually 2 gestational sacs!"
    Turns out we had one gest sac down near the cervix. This sac was irregular shaped with no foetal pole. This was where the "area of bleeding" was.
    The 2nd sac was perfect! Despite being 7w+1 it was only measuring 6w+2, so small, but the sonographer said it was within normal limits for an IVF pregnancy, which apparently frequently start out small. And a heartbeat of 133! YAY! W have called this one Glob.
    Given the irregular sac (affectionately named Blob!) the recommendation was to repeat the scan this morning.
    Dr M also recommended bed rest for dp for the last week, in the hopes that Blob would be absorbed, rather than risk any bleeding, as well as a magic milk last Saturday to help protect Glob if Blob started to be absorbed.

So today's scan showed (drum roll please): Blob has been absorbed. The remaining gestational sac is a perfectly symmetrical shape, Glob measures 7w+4 (so catching up as today was 8w+0) with a heartbeat of 159! This weeks BHCG 21,150! So increasing exactly as expected.
    Dr M is very happy with everything. And dp is now off bed rest!
    So the last week has been a very emotional roller coaster ride!

Yay glob.... just keep growing just keep growing just keep growing growing growing xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update.... I had my FET this morning. They ended up thawing one of my morulas (in the freezer I had one early blast and two morulas). When I asked why did they use the morula and not the early blast, they said it was because the morula needed last night to grow a bit more, and if it wouldn't have worked then they could have pulled the blast out first thing in the morning, as apparently the blast would have only need 1-2 hours to thaw. Once explained, the science behind it sounded good, and it all turned out great. The morula thawed and grew nicely over night, and the FS said it was an "excellent" blastocyst, so it's now on board. I know that not all frozen embryos do survive the thaw, but again I think this success had to do with my sister's perfect eggies to start with. Preg BT not until Mon 28/7, but AF likely to show up a good 4 days before that, if it's not to be.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (14-07-2014),The Time Has Come  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on being PUPO Bertie. Hope this is your special blastie! Nice work growing little frostie! Hope TWW passes quickly x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie I am so thrilled to hear you are PUPO with an awesome blast on board! I hope Dr M has nailed your protocol this time, especially after the last appointment... When I read what happened I was so dismayed he showed a different side to his usual lovely self.

You've been through so much, I truly hope this cycle is your successful one. Good luck and tons of sticky vibes to you xoxo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Official BT is not actually until Monday, however HPT says BFN and unfortunately AF did arrive today, so all but confirmed BFN. Made an appointment to see FS and amazingly got an appointment in 10 days time (a record!!).

Also went this evening and saw Dr M - the things he's changed for next FET - increase Clexane to 60 per day (I did a couple of cycles at 20, then a couple of cycles at 40, now he says to do 60 - sigh, why wasn't I just given 60 in the first place?!!) and like this cycle start Clexane a week before ET, don't worry with aspirin as the increased Clexane will cover that, have 400 progesterone pessaries for the FET even though FS says it's not needed (I did self medicate with 90 crinone this cycle as I still had some of that left over from a previous cycle), and do the IVIG 7 days before ET, as this time I did it just 2 days before ET. I queried about only having intrallipids/IVIG only on Saturdays, as this doesn't always fit in 7 days before a transfer, and he indicated that he does sometimes do it on other days. I got the feeling that he's realising that this timing is important, and maybe if everyone pushes this with their Dr M consultations, that he may offer this twice a week to cater for our ETs. I think this will be a big step, but an important one. He wouldn't do dex, primarily because IVFA only tested for three of the NKCs, and though my 56+ is high, they didn't test 57+ and apparently the ratio between those two are important. So, I will be asking for IVFA to now re-do the NKC and include 57+ in it. So, if you are with IVFA, ask for a day 21 NKC biopsy which includes both 56+ and 57+. Prof I at IVFA has always discounted NKCs but seems to be coming on board with this now, and am wondering if he's considering offering intrallipids/ivig in the near future. Has any IVFA women heard or asked about this recently?
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 19-10-2014 at 16:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has this thread just died off or is there a new one somewhere?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's died off Catemer. I've been meaning to bump it and ask for updates, but been very slack . I replied to your other thread and I've been thinking of you ever since. My heart breaks for you and I hope you're finding the strength to cope xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all, I still follow along.... I think what's probably happened is that most people have some other threads that they follow more closely.

Catemer... yes, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. I just can't imagine how dreadful it must be to get that far along the journey, thinking you've got to be over the most critical time, and then for you to lose her. My thoughts are with you and your DP.

AFM.... I've started my last FET cycle using my sister's last donated embryo. We're throwing everything at it, lots of new immune protocol from Dr M, plus braving acupuncture for a second time. If this doesn't work, then it's off to SA for young donor eggs.

My immune protocol:
    - Dex - 1 x daily from d1 (yesterday) and increase to 2 x daily 1 week prior to FET
    - Clexane 60 - start 1 week prior to FET, but not on FET day
    - Neupogen - 0.2ml daily from 1 week prior to FET
    - Pessaries - 1 x 400 on night of FET, then morning + night
    - Full Blood Count test - 1 day before starting Neupogen, and then once a week (this is with a place I've never heard of before "Medlab" I bet that's not going to be bulk-billed, is it?)

Extras:
    - Pregnyl - d3, d6 and d9 after ovulation
    - accupuncture - started with a new lady yesterday (as other one has gone on holidays overseas for two months). They have quite different approaches - the first one more about healthy living (nutrition and exercise) and this one, didn't even mention those things. Let's see if it makes any difference :-)
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 19-10-2014 at 16:33.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was actually looking for this thread yesterday as it was no longer in my participated threads for some reason!!!

Thanks for bumping it up ladies!

Firstly I am SO sorry to hear about your loss @catemer, after everything you & DP have been through to have your little girl - to end in such a tragedy is beyond words. So sorry. 😢

Mgc - please please please let it be the lucky last that gets you over the line. Surely it's your turn.....?? Sending you lots of sticky baby vibes & wishes!!!

SD - How is little DD doing? Haven't had an update about her in a while!!! I bet she is as beautiful and happy as ever!!!

AFM - nothing exciting happening here, the boys are growing... keeping me busy... haven't decided if we'll try again for a 3rd some time down the track... never say never I guess!

Sent from my SM-G900F using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheTimeHasCome For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-10-2014),SimpsonDesert  (19-10-2014)