+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Catemer!! OMG!!

Huge congrats on your long awaited BFP. So thrilled for you both and hope the pregnancy is smooth sailing. Your DP will be fine managing the GD, I had it too and was easily controlled by diet.

MGC & Springrain- sorry I haven't posted to wish you luck with your next steps. I have been reading and keeping fingers crossed for you both.

All is going well with me . DD is 6wks old now and she's a little doll. I've adjusted to broken sleep, staying in pj's all day and getting nothing done lol. It's all worth it and I couldn't be happier
    uploadfromtaptalk1403532412420.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-06-2014),The Time Has Come  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @catemer & GL for scan tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SimpsonDesert, your little DD is just gorgeous!!

Catemer, looking forward to hearing about DP's scan results!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @catemer how did the scan go? hope all is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan last Wednesday was very emotional. The previous scan showed 1 sac only.
    We went to the IVF clinic for the 7 week scan where they probed dp and then said "hmmmm I can't tell if this flicker is just my machine or if its a heartbeat. But it's a bit small and there looks to be a bit of bleeding down near the cervix. So it's up to you. You can either let nature take its course of have a D&C, and if you really want, a high res scan to see if they can see what went wrong". Blood results came back with BHCG of 10,530.
    We were devastated. Thank goodness for dr M. We already had a high res scan booked for him for the Thursday. So we phoned him. Told Gwyneth what the IVF clinic had said and asked what we should do. Dr M said get the scan done and increase the P4 to 3 times a day, with follow up bloods on Monday just gone.
    So Thursday morning we go in for the scan and we told the sonographer what we had been told the day before and that it was ok if she didn't see a heartbeat.
    Well... She says ill just take a few measurements and then tell you what I think is happening. She seemed to be focusing on the area of "bleeding" a lot. So she takes measurements and them says "So... There's actually 2 gestational sacs!"
    Turns out we had one gest sac down near the cervix. This sac was irregular shaped with no foetal pole. This was where the "area of bleeding" was.
    The 2nd sac was perfect! Despite being 7w+1 it was only measuring 6w+2, so small, but the sonographer said it was within normal limits for an IVF pregnancy, which apparently frequently start out small. And a heartbeat of 133! YAY! W have called this one Glob.
    Given the irregular sac (affectionately named Blob!) the recommendation was to repeat the scan this morning.
    Dr M also recommended bed rest for dp for the last week, in the hopes that Blob would be absorbed, rather than risk any bleeding, as well as a magic milk last Saturday to help protect Glob if Blob started to be absorbed.

So today's scan showed (drum roll please): Blob has been absorbed. The remaining gestational sac is a perfectly symmetrical shape, Glob measures 7w+4 (so catching up as today was 8w+0) with a heartbeat of 159! This weeks BHCG 21,150! So increasing exactly as expected.
    Dr M is very happy with everything. And dp is now off bed rest!
    So the last week has been a very emotional roller coaster ride!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

ertgirl  (02-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (04-07-2014),SimpsonDesert  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg I had tears rolling down my face at that update! I can only imagine the horror of those first few days and the wait for the scans. I am so glad that glob has been absorbed and there is no danger to blob, but I think you need a new name!
    Hahahahahaha although any name is good!

Yay, yay, yay! I am so happy for you both xxxxxxxxxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

catemer  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl
    Thanks so much. It was such an emotional roller coaster. Also amazed at how the clinic could recommend a d&c without high res scan first. And the fact that they totally missed the second sac.

Although you've got them around the wrong way. Blob has been absorbed. Glob lives to fight another day!

Thanks again. Despite the initial tumultuous time, we are now elated.
    And Dp's gest diabetes is now under control so it's all looking good!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catemer so happy that one bub is thriving! Dr M is truly amazing, he never gives up on us or our bubs. I hope you called your clinic and told them the outcome. Congrats to you both x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

catemer  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catemer that is the best news!!! So happy for you and DP!!
    Like you, can't understand clinic for suggesting d&c!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

catemer  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    catemer, glad to hear glob is thriving. Also happy to hear DP is off bed rest, that whole bed rest thing is pretty awful. Looking forward to hearing more good news after glob's next scan