+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've all been quiet lately hey Syd gals?

ELM- belated congrats on your BFP!! How has early pregnancy been treating you? I must confess to stalking the under 30's thread and read there you've already had a scan, yay for one healthy little bean!

Nattie- thanks for posting the link to your TTC diary. When its all in one place like that it really hits home what a rough ride you're on . How's the O action going? Hope the clomid has done the trick and you're in with a chance this month

Springrain- glad you felt better after your FS appointment. What's the plan for cycling again?

Katiana- have you had your FET?

Catemer- you and DP must be at your wits end . With everything you've tried I can't understand why there hasn't been a BFP yet. Has the donor side been investigated? Do you know if others using his sperm have successfully conceived?

Big Hi to everyone else

AFM- very busy at work as I'm determined to leave a clean slate when I start mat leave. So I have much less time to procrastinate on BH . All is going fine with bub. I've had a bit of bad news getting a gestational diabetes diagnosis, but its under control and not a big concern.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (26-02-2014),katiana  (28-02-2014),MGC Bertie  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)

Alison12
    Nattie84
    Fingerscrossd11
    Chiefsgirl
    SpringRain
    MGC Bertie
    Fuzzy Llamas
    Catemer

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)

Katiana- FET- waiting for AF

TWW
    (note: if your BT date is wrong, please help yourself to correct it )

UTD

SimpsonDesert- May 2014
    ELM13- Oct 2014

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004 & DS Feb 2013
    PinkButterfly- DD1 2007 & DD2 Feb 2012
    Traveler- DS 2009 & DD Jan 2013
    Lola77- DS 2009
    Loulabelle- DD1 2009 & DD2 Mar 2012
    The Time Has Come- DS1 Aug 2010 & DS2 Mar 2013
    25andhopeful - natural miracle- DD Apr 2012
    Bebehvala - DS Aug 2012
    Felicita - DS & DD Sep 2012
    Quartz- DS1 & DS2 Oct 2012
    EternalOptimist- DS Oct 2012
    romaverona- DS Dec 2012
    Bella978- DD Jun 2013
    Lillac- DS Jul 2013
    rainbow road- DS Nov 2013
    Romy Sydney- DS Nov 2013
    Peoniesarepretty- DS Dec 2013
    Wishing4- Foster DS and DD Dec 2013
    Crofty - DS Feb 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @SimpsonDesert! Yes healthy little one - heartbeat was 124bpm. We go back for another scan next week. Haven't been sick so far, luckily!
    Sorry to hear about the diabetes but glad you have it under control. Only a few mths to go! Have u started setting up the nursery yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    aAaa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @SimpsonDesert.
    Yeah we are confused as to why nothing is working.
    In terms of donor, we use sperm from the clinic (imported from US) and only ever choose donors that have successfully got someone pregnant already. So, I would think donor isn't the issue. We also end up with a different donor each time too!
    I think DP wants one last shot at getting pregnant, and then if that doesn't work, we'll try with me as the pin cushion! One of the upsides of being a same sex couple - a spare uterus on standby!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ELM- We've first had to de-clutter the nursery, it had become a junk room for stuff we couldn't be bothered sorting out. Did a huge cull over the past few weekends and now its ready for painting, yay! We're aiming to have it all set up & ready by the time I hit 36wks. Not stressing about it since bub will be in our room for at least 6 months anyway. Great that you've been spared any morning sickness, hope it stays that way!

Catemer- ah so you have tried different donors and only used men with kids... sperm isn't the issue then. Definitely a bonus that you can switch from DP to yourself! One way or another, you'll get there. You've worked too hard & perservered too long to come up empty handed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Gals

Reading all of your posts certainly makes me feel so much more hopeful!! Congrats on all of your pregnancy's!!!

Currently DH and i are awaiting to do ISCI..FS wants me to loose some more weight before starting in July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi so we are all go... Puregon starts Sunday .... Omg can't believe doing this again lol... We need more crazy in our house....so here we go... How's everyone going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone know a 'natural' version of progynova??? I don't want to get a script for 6 tablets so was thinking about other alternatives????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katiana... good luck with your next go at IVF. I'm amazed that you did 20 cycles to get child #1. My DH is not even happy that we've done 8 full stim cycles, that this is it for our OE.

AFM... just had EPU this morning. Got 2 eggs, of which just 1 was mature and was injected. They will phone again in the morning to say if it fertilises overnight. As much as I would love it to work, history says not to get excited, and I'm so ready for it to work - that I'm almost looking forward to moving onto DE and getting a better chance that what I've had with my OE.

This last OE cycle we moved to Fertility First (Hurstville) primarily because we had used up our 3 goes with donor sperm at IVFA, and at FF they don't have a waiting list. So we thought we'd sneak in one last OE cycle, while setting up using my sister's eggs at IVFA.

Good points of FF:
    - Dr Anne Clark was very hopeful after looking over my NG + IVFA cycles - wanted to try different meds and dosages
    - uses HGH Saizen as normal, where as I asked many times at IVFA, but Prof I always said no
    - uses Pregnyl injections as normal to ward off AF after ET, where as at IVFA Prof I only agreed to this after I had 3 failures
    - uses aspiring for ANA issues as normal, again IVFA said no until 3 failures
    - some BTs done through Laverty, so you can find a place much closer to home than Hurstville

Not happy with FF:
    - only 2 BTs before EPU, where as at IVFA I would normally have 3-4
    - they would not give me the numbers from the BTs, just would say "it's all good" - I asked specifically three of four times during each of the two phonecalls and they were very cagey. On the second phonecall, I absolutely insisted and eventually she relented and told me a number
    - there was only 1 internal ultrasound, where as at IVFA I averaged between 3-4 each cycle, including final one of day of trigger
    - the internal ultrasound was super quick - no joke, perhaps 10 seconds in total!! The quickest look at the lining (good, as it always is), can't find left ovary (IVFA always spend up to 10 minutes, with various technicians coming to try, and usually do find it with lots of effort and pressing of tummy etc), right ovary (yes, Dr Clark says, EPU on Mon. To which I have to ask, "how many did you find?" There's two, she says. I ask "What size are they". She hasn't even measured, so measures only the big one after I ask).
    - we choose our sperm donor, only to be told 2 days before EPU that he was not available! No explanation why he was on the list when he's not available. Mad panic then to choose a new donor, and frantic phone calls to check if he is available, so was asked to choose a back-up.
    - at one of the BTs, a nurse says, "so your DH is doing a sperm sample, so you're not using the donor now?" NO!! That's the whole point - the donor is to be used if DH has no sperm, and that's actually what will probably happen (and did happen!). Plus I've already paid for it!
    - BTs at FF pay no attention to a scheduled time. For one of the pre BTs, I turned up, to find, no joke, about 15 women there crammed in the waiting room. I ended up 1 and half hours late, and had to phone work to say I was running way late.
    - when I brought in my filled needle canister and asked for a replacement, the nurse said she didn't have any, and proceeded to shake (like a money box) all the used needles out into her big waste bin. I'm sure that's not how it's supposed to be done.
    - one BT I turned up for, the receptionist says, your BT is not today, X of Feb, it's X of March. I said, "Well, the whole cycle will be over if we wait until March!!" They squeezed me in.

I've been through enough cycles, that I'm very relaxed this time, that what happens, happens, so I didn't particularly worry about any of these things, as this was always an extra cycle while we waited for time to pass to use my sister's eggs. But I feel sorry for all those women attending FF, that they think this is "normal" when they don't have anything to compare. Even though reception at IVFA doesn't always work smoothly (e.g. stuff up with Medicare rebates), I think the medical side is more important. I'm very happy that I tried FF, as I can go away now knowing that I've tried everything in respect to clinics. If we'd gotten 5 or 6 eggs this time at FF, then it may have been a different story, but to get just 1 mature egg is pretty low on the list in comparison to previous cycles at NG and IVFA. In the end I feel that they just push women through. Yes, that's my opinion, but also my experience, in comparison to two other clinics.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 03-03-2014 at 15:39.