Katiana..... I thought I'd just say hello, when I saw your signature says you did 20 x IVF to get baby #1. Please tell me that wasn't 20 full stim cycles, as I've done 7 full stim cycles and really would like some success soon :-)) Please let me know what was your tip to get baby #2 with just two more cycles. That's fabulous that you're trying for a third. I'll be here with you, no doubt!!
Hi actually it was 9 egg collections for Zoe over 6 years.... And jack was 1 collection.... All 2 emby transfers.
as for a tip...... Dr Alan beers book and the use of prednisone got #1.... After that no frosties and my eggs where crap.... So before #2 I did dhea for 3 months and again prednisone and BFP on second try.... First try I wasn't on prednisone long enough hence chem BFP.
We have 12 frosties waiting.... I won't be collecting again.... I haven't the strength to do that again.
Now that the decision for the third has been reached..... Omg..... Will read the book again and start prednisone. ASAP.
What kind of protocols do you do?????
Last edited by katiana; 05-01-2014 at 20:32.
I just wish I had found the book earlier!8!!!!!!!!!
I know! I only just got the book! I feel like we should be able to sue the doctors for taking our money and telling us to be patient only to find out later that there was no chance in hell of it working due to immune issues!! I have mthfr, endo, and a stuffed up immune system with low T cells and high nk cells.
Katiana.... yes, I wish that my GP knew more than she does and could have sent me in the right place at the right time. I wasted 6 months at the first clinic, before even finding out about anon donor sperm!! Then it took me another 12 months to literally stumble across Dr M, MKCs and Dr Beer's book. I've just about finished reading Dr Beer's book, and am actually going to take it to my Gp on my next visit and lend it to her. I don't think she'll be impressed, but I want her to be more educated about IVF etc, so the next time she has someone like me through the door, she may run some of the right tests and point people in the right direction!! Interestingly, I asked her a while back about IVF patients, and she admitted she's only got one on her books at the moment, apart from me, so obviously very limited knowledge there.
I'm interested that you say you weren't on Prednisolone for very long. Dr M told me to take 25 from the start of the cycle and up it to 30 from transfer. Were you taking it before the cycle? My FS doesn't like DHEA, but put me on Testogel for the month or so beforehand. When I asked Dr M about this, he said it's fine, so long as I'm taking one of them. I understand it takes about three months for DHEA to kick in, and we've been doing lots of cycles without too much waiting inbetween, so I think that may be a factor not to use DHEA??
MGC- I am so gutted that the line got fainter instead of darker . It is good that you've already had a big cry and have prepared yourself for today's BT news. I hope that looking ahead to the next cycle is helping to deal with another horrible BFN xo
Nattie- I couldn't agree more with your last post! Its really hard to push aside the anger & frustration at the total waste of good embies. Hopefully it will fade once Dr M gets you a sticky BFP.
Chiefsgirl- I prefer quiet birthdays too. Glad you had a great NYE with friends who are supportive. 2014 has got to be your year!
Springrain- how are those follies going? Do you have a date for EPU?
Traveler- We've had some great beach weather lately . I love the beach but we've been sticking to our pool at home, I'm way past chubby lol. Good luck with your resolutions!
Hi to everyone else
Got the call - sort of expected BFN. Nothing more really to say :-((
Big hugs MGC . It sucks more than words can say
Simpson... thanks for thinking of me. Yes, I was so hoping that Dr M's immune protocol would work first time, but it was not to be :-(
I have spent the last two hours now on the phone!!!
- IVFA's donor co-ordinator has promised me that I will only have to wait 2 months for my next go at anon donor sperm - and I don't have to pay the $100 waiting list fee again - big saving there!! Lol.
- next plan depends if my sister will still donate her eggs - she's recently found a boyfriend and that's thrown a spanner in the works, as IVFA says he has to attend all of DS's appointments - so I've booked a FS appt for me and a separate one for her, but can not get in for 6 weeks!! Not happy with that, and if my FS decides to actually give me a courtesy call this afternoon, I'll be pushing him about that
- then a booked a counselling appt for her (and boyfriend) and one for me (and DH) - I have done the counselling twice before, but because we're now using donor eggs, have to do it again
- but wait, not one lot of counselling, but three!! One week later, both my sister and I have to have another separate counselling sessions (but not allowed to book these in yet, as counsellor apparently may determine we need more thinking time)
- then after two individual sessions each, we then have a joint session with everyone
- so even though the donor sperm now will be ready in 2 months, you can see that all that waiting for appts and counselling will take probably a good 4 months before we get a cycle underway
- so, I'm getting all my IVFA records copied, as I have an appointment with Fertility First in 2 weeks, and am thinking of sneaking in a cycle there - I'm a little interested to see if she may do something different that Prof I at IVFA hasn't done or won't do
- and then, yes, I'm going to contact SA and start getting info packages etc to plan SA for later in the year :-) That almost seems easier than all the counselling with my sister
Kind of done my head in this afternoon, with all that planning. Think it's time for some chocolate!!
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!