+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Chiefsgirl I'm so sorry. I had such high hopes for you this time, and it does especially suck at this time of year. I remember this time last year sucking so badly. It was approaching my DD from the one I miscarried, and then another BFN on top of it. Couldn't wait to see the back of 2012. Hope 2014 is the year! Hi MGC Bertie - how is your cycle going? AFM: I'm going ok. Was 37 weeks yesterday! Had a bit of drama last week, where my blood pressure started to go up a bit & ob was being very cautious & talking about delivering a week earlier (which would've been yesterday). I didn't want that, wasn't ready & wanted to cook bub longer. And then panicked about all the stuff I had to do, and raced around doing Xmas shopping, cooking food to freeze etc. Which didn't help my BP - he sent me in to the hospital for monitoring on Saturday and wasn't happy with it. They gave me steroid shots in prep for delivery this week - I managed to beg off staying overnight by promising to be back there at 9am Sunday, and ob was to meet us there. I went home & rested - total bed princess. My results on Sunday had all gone down - yay! So ob let me go again, and I saw him on Monday. Again he was satisfied with my BP then & so I think we'll make it to next week as planned. But just taking it easy now this week, and have to get it checked again at the hospital tomorrow. So really, could be anytime in the next week. Eeeeek!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (10-12-2013),MGC Bertie  (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry that's so hard to read - I can't do any spacing or any emoticons! Boo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow so close for your time peopniesarepretty, I'm so excited for you -yay you got to cook bub for a little longer, I think I'd be the same though re running around last minute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support ladies, I have had a few days of crying and feeling sorry for myself, doesn't help that AF is always heavy and painful after ivf!!

I have an appt to see dr m in late jan, it's good to have a plan in place. I'm not sure i have any autoimmune issues, but want to rule it it out. We had pretty decent embryo's so want to make sure it's just nature, not me that means they won't implant. I'll take the next month to enjoy my 40th and Xmas and get fit again. I just realised that I can now have the matching wines at tetsuyas for my birthday, so there is a little joy on the horizon!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-12-2013),SimpsonDesert  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh Peonies how exciting u lucky thing u must be sooo excited!!!!!! I can't wait to hear you have gone into labour!!! xo I am booked in to get my endo removed and have a NK cells biopsy in a week as it is sooo bad atm I am having bad sciatica pain Dr M has also sent me for a few additional blood tests and then I go back and see him in Jan to see what he thinks.. Immune issues or just bad eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh nattie, how was your appointment? I'm booked in to see him in January. So there is a big wait between your first appointment, your tests and results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Ooh nattie, how was your appointment? I'm booked in to see him in January. So there is a big wait between your first appointment, your tests and results?
    Hi! Yeah appt was good he really listened and was happy that we had done some research unlike other docs. If I was you and you are in a hurry book ur follow up appt now as it can take a while to get back in.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Nattie84 I called today, wanted to see if I could get any blood tests done before my first appointment, but the lady said that Dr M will decide on the first appointment which ones he wants me to get done. I also couldn't book in for a biopsy now either, which is a bit of a bummer because I've read he likes to do it at cd25 and that would be the week after my first appointment, so now it looks like that won't happen till late Feb (if I'm lucky) which will mean I can't start a long down cycle till March!!! and April is full of trips which is going to muck everything up if I'm doing epu and transfers then!!

Oh well, I did say I had to be patient, but gosh darn it, the waiting is killing me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies. Hope you're all well.
    Sorry for the delay in letting you know, but just wanted to share the news that our beautiful baby boy Julian Thomas was born at 6.56am on Sat 7th. I was due to have a scheduled c/s this Tues 10th, as my ob was unwilling to have me labour and deliver naturally - I am a high risk of rupture due to previous extensive uterine surgery.

But Julian had other ideas and wanted to choose his own birthday! So my waters started to break & contractions started from around 11.30pm Fri night. I took a few hours to monitor to determine that's what it was, because it's hard to tell at first. Then woke DH, we had showers & went to the hospital. They hooked me up and confirmed it was contractions & my waters had probably broken. My BP was pretty high toot this point. They rang my ob and unsurprisingly he said he'd come in and do the c/s ASAP. He was there pretty quickly - but in the end the contractions were 5 mins or less apart, and we were all there just waiting for an anaesthetist to show up! Anyway, he did and off we went. For 37+4, he is absolutely perfect & was a decent weight - 3.26kg.
    He has passed all his tests in hospital with flying colours & I think the feeding is going pretty well. We're due to go home today. Both DH & I are so in love - I know we're biased but he is absolutely gorgeous. We've already had a few comments that he looks like DH. Lol. People say some stupid cr@p just for the sake of it, don't they?

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1386791567.106652.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1386791591.197329.jpg

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (12-12-2013),MGC Bertie  (16-12-2013),SimpsonDesert  (12-12-2013),The Time Has Come  (12-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one.

I've already congratulated you Peonies, but wanted to say it here as well.

A massive congratulations to both you & DH on this very precious little boy!! He is absolutely beautiful! May he fill your lives with all the love & happiness in the world!! Hope you both enjoy every second of parenthood, you deserve it! Xx

Lol @ saying he looks like DH, people say the strangest things sometimes when you have a bub!!! But you know what, we had a close family friend who adopted a baby girl, as she grew she started looking EXACTLY like her adoptive mother!!!! (More so than me & my own mother!!!) If we didn't know she was adopted-no one would have ever guessed it!!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (12-12-2013),SimpsonDesert  (12-12-2013)