+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chiefsgirl- Woo-Hoo!! Hooray for bonus eggs and what a brilliant fert rate! Yikes about the sedation being ineffective ... you poor thing! My last 3 EPUs were all with local only, so I know how it feels to be awake- but at least I knew in advance that I would be. It is horribly uncomfortable but mercifully quick. I'm glad its over for you and hope you're recovering well. Now to focus on your 4 embies, grow little ones grow

TTHC- poo to being sick . This crazy weather probably has a hand in it... scorching one day and cold again the next! I hope you feel better soon . My once petite body has filled out LOTS, I'm now the proud owner of back fat, thunder thighs and double chin! I was under the illusion that I'd just get a cute bump while the rest of me stayed normal, boy was I wrong!!

Traveler- Sick every fortnight? Oh no, you poor bugger. With my immune system I almost never get sick (I've seriously had only 2 colds in the last 5 years), so I can only imagine how awful it must feel. Get well soon hun . I originally thought boy when I first got my BFP, but we've got 5 boys in a row on this thread so I've changed my mind to girl . Surely we must be due for some pink! We haven't decided on any names. All we've agreed on is that it has to have normal spelling and be common enough to find on those personalised souvenirs at gift shops. Both DH & I have names with alternative spelling and we hated never finding our names on a keyring as kids. Plus always having to spell it out or correct people is a royal pain!

Crofty- bummer that the MS is still hanging around. I wonder if you hadn't been on steroids if you would've been diagnosed with hyperemesis? Are you taking anything for it, maxolon, zofran, etc?

Catemer- c'mon don't leave us hanging! Where are you guys up to with the cycle? Hope its all going smoothly.

Big Hi to everyone else

AFM- DH & I have started house renos and its like living in a disaster area! I'm very excited though, was so sick of the old colours and decor after 10 yrs. My fave part is going to be my new kitchen benchtops, bye bye laminate and hello granite .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson- welcome to the wonderful world of back fat...it never goes away either!!! A lovely souvenir!

Awake the whole transfer is a nightmare! Better get a positive from this one. FYI I had a 'bad embryo' transferred at the same time as a good one, and ended up being pregnant with twins! I did miscarry both but be prepared for them both sticking

Tthc- dd is into everything!!! She is so different to ds, they are best of friends though, so lovely to see them together. Ds gets home from preschool and goes straight to dd to give her a hug followed by "I really missed you". I stand in the background thinking "what about me!"

On my phone so can't remember any further back. Getting excited about Christmas. Realised this is the first Christmas in 8 years we haven't been trying for a baby, and the first Christmas in five years that I won't be either pregnant or pupo!!! It's a bit strange getting my head around, and i still hope for a Christmas miracle 😉 but I just can't believe we made it. I can oh so clearly remember the Christmas despair

4. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for thinking of us Simpson!
    We're still here. Dp triggered last night. EPU tomorrow morning. Looks like about 10 follies on the ultrasound last Wednesday. I'm a little worried about dp though. This is our first cycle in about a year and the hormones seem to be really knocking her around this time. In fact she's just been hurling, I think from the trigger last night. We're both expecting her to end up with OHSS, especially with the higher dose of P4 from dr M.
    Still haven't told Dr Anne re taking Dr M's protocol. Has anyone done dr Anne's protocol without telling her re dr M?

Reading through all the posts I was horrified at all you ladies who have EPU without a general anaesthetic! Ack! I would be so scared! Dp gets hers done under general.

Hi to everyone and fx we all get BFPs in time for Christmas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone. EPU went well yesterday. We got 10 eggs. Whilst driving home got a call from the scientist and all 10 were mature enough to fertilise! We're stoked. We've never had such good maturity rates.
    Waiting to see how they all went on their "date night"!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's great news caterer! I love that phrase 'date night'. Fx it went well and they all fertilise for you both

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one.

Best of luck with your transfer today today @Chiefsgirl I will be keeping everything crossed that this is the lucky one!! I'm hoping you even get a couple of goodies in the freezer!!! Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traveler- noooo! I'm getting lipo if this back fat doesn't disappear after bub is out . So cute how your DS greets DD after preschool! Must be nice when they are too young to start bickering at each other hehe. So glad that Xmas will be much brighter for you this year with your little family complete! The despair is never far from my memory either... every year Xmas coming around and we still had no baby and not even one baking . I wish no-one on this thread had to face that this year.

Catemer- yay for 10 mature eggs, that is sensational! Can't wait to hear how many embies you have . I didn't tell my FS I was on Dr Ms protocol until the last minute. You don't have to say anything to Dr Anne if you don't want to. I hope your DP has dodged the OHSS and is getting plenty of fluids.

Chiefsgirl- hope ET went well today and you're PUPO with a sticky bub (or two)! Best wishes for your TWW

Hi TTHC, Springrain, Crofty & everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, I'll be brief, I'm a bit knackered today!

We had two embies transferred. A b grade early blast and a c grade morula. I forgot to ask if it was a c grade because it was only a morula and not a blast- ph well, just gotta embrace bob and bobette and make them feel welcome!

No blasties for us again.

My clinic doesn't do bt's so it's a hpt for me on 2 dec, on pregnyl shots at day 3 and 6 (had one on sat and one tonight) so not early hpt's for me!

Hope everyone is well!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Simpson.
    We got 8 fertilised. Will find out how many have reached emby stage tomorrow when we go for ET. Dr Anne wanted to transfer 3, but we've decided to go with 2. Given we are on dr M's magic milk, we were nervous that all 3 might take! We have discussed the idea of twins and are both prepared for twins (well, as much as we can be at this stage!). But when we thought of triplets, both of us were too nervous and anxious about that. We figure if we can handle the best case scenario then great, but if we felt we couldn't handle the best case scenario then We needed to go with just 2.
    Very excited. Dp has had some more bloating, but seems to be coping ok with it. She had a pregnyl injection tonight. When she had the trigger, she was very unwell the next morning, so we are hoping that she doesn't have the same reaction tomorrow morning.

Hi to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catemer, congratulations on the 8 fertilised! Hope DP is feeling better after the pregnyl. Tough decision on how many to transfer, glad to hear you are happy with 2.

Chiefsgirl, you must be so relieved that the HGH did the job and got some better quality embies. Hope you don't go too nuts during the TWW

SimpsonDesert, hope the renos are going well, they seem to have a way of taking on a life of their own. My 1st 2 EPUs were with a local and the last one was with a general, which was bliss in comparison. Definitely going that way for future EPUs.

Traveler, hope you are feeling better.

Crofty hope you're feeling better too and the MS is easing.

Well I now have the results from our last one - we have 1 normal, 1 abnormal and 2 no result. So I am leaning towards doing a stim again just after Christmas. I went to see my FS late last week and got the OK on that, and the pill (for the first time) so I can time my cycles around the public holidays. I also called the clinic this week, and I'd chosen a week that I wanted to have EPU in (we are moving in late Jan), so gave them a date range that I wanted to start injecting in. Surprisingly, they agreed to that too so it all seems set.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (21-11-2013)